Sugarhill Gang - (Apache)...jump on it...jump on it...jump on it

As long as it pumps up the student section and the players, who cares. Those are the two groups that will have the biggest effect on the field, and thats what matters in the end.
Exactly. It'd be nice to see it executed a little more smoothly (the cuts between songs are just jarring) but on the scale of gameday things to improve? Meh.

It should just be Sugarhill Gang - Apache and then Kernkraft - Zombie Nation...that's all you need and the students seem to enjoy both...no need for a third song

Yeah, Jump Around is very lame... Why would Wisconsin choose to play a song where the ENTIRE crowd gets up and jumps around and yells when the team is headed into the 4th quarter?

Because it's a song that dates all the way back to.....1993. You know, the very beginnings of college football in Badgerland. Very lame as far as "traditions" go.

But not as lame as holding up four fingers to signify the start of the fourth quarter. "Oh, really, we're going to play four quarters today? Not three? OK, what the hell, let's do it."

Because it's a song that dates all the way back to.....1993. You know, the very beginnings of college football in Badgerland. Very lame as far as "traditions" go.

But not as lame as holding up four fingers to signify the start of the fourth quarter. "Oh, really, we're going to play four quarters today? Not three? OK, what the hell, let's do it."

I do agree with what your saying on the history of the tradition. Clearly it is a newer tradition, but I do have to admit when I went to Camp Randall to watch the Gophers a couple of years ago it was pretty cool.

While we disagree on the "coolness" of this tradition, we can agree that the Badgers Suck!!!

No, not in the slightest. Heavily played at many other schools, including versions where the lyrics have been changed to be relevant to the particular school. Claiming it as 'the Gophers song' and 'unique' would be like you and I finding a ball, shooting it into a milk crate and then claiming that we just invented basketball.

Nothing wrong with using the song, but trying to spin it as unique is silly (as it is when Becky fans get all excited about Jump Around).

BTW, I think the 'music' originated with The Shadows 50+ years ago.

Not true they don't play "Apache" at other schools! It's unique! Besides we do not have a student section the size of Bucky - although it's hard to tell because our students usually leave at the half. (Iowa game last year - suckers!)

OK fine - I take it back. I don't give the Badgers credit for their 3rd quarter 'House of Pain" tradition. They suck! So "Jump on it"!

I personally don't love the Jump Around tradition, but it is constantly in the conversation for coolest fan tradition in CFB, and as someone mentioned earlier, it gets the entire crowd, and often times the team, jumping around and fired up. It's pretty cool to watch on TV as well. You're entitled to your opinion on the matter, but I have a feeling your hatred for UW is shaping your judgment.

I personally don't love the Jump Around tradition, but it is constantly in the conversation for coolest fan tradition in CFB, and as someone mentioned earlier, it gets the entire crowd, and often times the team, jumping around and fired up. It's pretty cool to watch on TV as well. You're entitled to your opinion on the matter, but I have a feeling your hatred for UW is shaping your judgment.

No, I would think it's lame if Alabama did it, if USC did it, or if Louisiana-Monroe did it. It's the most overrated "tradition" in CFB, and is no more impressive than when Penn State plays "Zombie Nation."

"Jump Around" might be cool for the No Fun League (in fact, I would encourage some team to try it in an attempt to better that sterile product), but for CFB, it doesn't even crack the top 100.

Seriously? Your happy with doing the Macarena to a Badger Jump Around song clone?

Seriously? Your happy with doing the Macarena to a Badger Jump Around song clone?

It's not the Macarena?!? Next time you're at TCF watch the students...watch the Gopher bench - it's going big!

Top Bottom