STUDENTS: Vaughn will be at the game tonight.

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
How about one of you start a "we want showtime" chant? Showtime being his twitter nickname.

Also please, "We want Rashad" chants.

Watching Michigan destroy Iowa reminded me of Rashad. Athletic scorer, impossible to stop. Very important to keep Rashad in Minnesota.

I think a simple "We want Vaughn" sounds the best. I really couldn't care what is chanted though. As long as it is heard loud and clear throughout the stadium.

I agree, students let Rashad know he is wanted!

Using Bleed's example from KU. maybe some chants about how his other offers teams suck.

I'd be happy with a simple we want Vaughn chant tho.

Vaughn is giving us a second chance for us to show that we want him. He went out and gave us a show yesterday, and now wants to know if we appreciate what he did, and I think we do, so show him some love! and not only student section, the old folks on here need to show some love as well, get the whole place chanting we want Vaughn. Lets get this place ROCKING!

For sure do KANSAS SUCKS and BAYLOR SUCKS

Heck, I'm sure just walking right behind the gophers bench before the game or during halftime and telling him yourself that gopher fans really appreciate his play would mean something to him.

God forbid you would actually have to summon up the courage to go up to him and compliment him while he's in the stands at the game tonight. I'm sure he'd really appreciate something like that. I'd do it if I could afford tickets to a game.

Isn't Kansas the team that lost to the 15 seed as the 2 seed... Twice in recent years?

Cleverly bringing that up in a chant would be great.

Edit: wow I was way off. They were the 3 seed and 4 seed and it happened 8 and 7 years ago. Disregard.

Also, please standing ovation for Rodney when he gets to 1000. So loud they have to stop play.

Totally agree with the ovation for Rodney. I believe I have read that Rodney has beene talking to Rashad about his positive experience at the U. A large roar for Rodney is a great idea.

I'm getting &%^$ing sick of the "STUDENTS, you should do the 'we want (x) chant' " or after the game the "STUDENTS, why didn't you do the 'we want (x) chant'?" If it happens, it happens. If it actually came down to one chant from the students to sway a top 25 recruit to commit then that's pretty damn sad. Start your own chants in the big boy seats. Let's focus on our current kick-@$$ team in the first place.

Ya, years ago I yelled "I want Michelle Tafoya" at the top of my lungs and it did no good at all.

Isn't Kansas the team that lost to the 15 seed as the 2 seed... Twice in recent years?

Cleverly bringing that up in a chant would be great.

Edit: wow I was way off. They were the 3 seed and 4 seed and it happened 8 and 7 years ago. Disregard.

You're thinking of Duke....

I'm getting &%^$ing sick of the "STUDENTS, you should do the 'we want (x) chant' " or after the game the "STUDENTS, why didn't you do the 'we want (x) chant'?" If it happens, it happens. If it actually came down to one chant from the students to sway a top 25 recruit to commit then that's pretty damn sad. Start your own chants in the big boy seats. Let's focus on our current kick-@$$ team in the first place.

Throttle down dude...it wasn't a personal attack on you or the student body...but getting the 75 year old lady in the fourth row to get out of her chair to go the bathroom instead of her diaper is hard enough...much less getting 20 of them to chant anything. Time for the students of this era to take responsibility for their teams...we did our part. Now we pay the bills and donate the $$$ so you can chant and have a blast. In 20 years...you will understand why it is the STUDENTS responsibility when you are paying for seat licenses, donating every month and paying for a spot to tailgate...so suck it up and do your part...or don't...but don't act like a little baby when you are called upon cus you don't think its your turn or it makes a difference (all evidence to the contrary).

Ever since Doogie's rant about fairness when chanting the recruits names I have been on edge about this one. Plus, how do you think the current players feel that people want to focus on the future and not the present?

Ever since Doogie's rant about fairness when chanting the recruits names I have been on edge about this one. Plus, how do you think the current players feel that people want to focus on the future and not the present?

SpinningHead, you are really stretching things now. Today's players want good players to follow them in the future.

Ya, years ago I yelled "I want Michelle Tafoya" at the top of my lungs and it did no good at all.

More than likely you had a bottle of booze in one hand and your 'you know what' in your other....no wonder it didn't turn out well. :p

I'm sure this dates me a little, but I remember the student section doing the "we want Sam! we want Sam!" chants back when the U was recruiting Jacobson. There was a lot of excitement in the student section about Jacobson, and though we didn't have Twitter and such to follow his thoughts, he appeared to notice. Of course, he ended up playing for the U. There were others we also chanted for over my years, but Sam was the big dog.

No doubt these kids would love to be courted by the student section. I think it should be the pride of every Barnyarder to want talented kids to come be their classmates and play for their team. Chant away!

Top Bottom