Student Travel Package - Great Deal!! Includes 2014 Student Season Ticket.

Not sure what "sold out" means, as in how many buses are going. A big convoy of Gopher students heading down to the bowl game sounds awesome. A big drunken orgy of a convoy.

I was told they only had one bus so far, but were looking at adding more. Fingers crossed...

I would do this just to get the student season tickets next year, if I was a student, even grad school. Sadly those days are long gone.
This is a good deal for students, heck I wish in my day we even had a chance to go to a bowl game, under Wacker all we did was mostly lose and they stuck us upstairs in the corner, we did not even get to sit downstairs in those days. He coach Wacker did beat Wisconsin twice so I will give him credit for that. Plus he always liked to hand out the free food begging us to buy student tickets out front of Northrup, and the tickets only costed $35 bucks total for the whole season. Coach Wacker was a good salesmen, and a genuine nice guy.
That's why I don't understand why they don't fill up the bank now, still cheap tickets(yeah they did have to put up with Brewster) we older alumns had to put up with the crappy Metrodome the whole time and really bad defenses. I like many people growing up in Minnesota my age used to only be a Vikings fan until I graduated from the U, I don't think I really became a fan until about 1992 to 1993. I followed the Gophers(really liked the Holtz years as a kid and was my only chance to go to games) and always and rooted for them but did not go to many games until I was a student. They, students have such an opportunity to take advantage of with TCF stadium now, the college game day experience and some real football coaches, with a program on the rise. Good days and time for the U football are on the horizion in the next couple of years, this year is not a fluke these kids have a lot to look forward to. Sadly a lot of my generation have not caught on to Gopher football, and make up a lot of the drunken rubes that attend Vikings games these days. We are probably the lost generation of Gopher fans that mostly don't buy tickets.
Regular season tickets for the Gophers are a bargain compared to what the Twins and Vikings are charging these days.

I was told they only had one bus so far, but were looking at adding more. Fingers crossed...

The U better not drop the ball on this one. They put together a great package I will give them that. However, you cannot just fill one bus when demand is greater. For a student base is lacking and a projected underwhelming traveling fan base for the Bowl Game you take every fan you can get!

If we can fill up 4 student busses then fill 4 student busses! I will be pretty upset if they stop at one when they were able to sell this out in a day. Pretty sad that they didn't have a contigency plan in place and that they have told others sorry, we'll see what we can do.

Get it together U of M!

The U better not drop the ball on this one. They put together a great package I will give them that. However, you cannot just fill one bus when demand is greater. For a student base is lacking and a projected underwhelming traveling fan base for the Bowl Game you take every fan you can get!

If we can fill up 4 student busses then fill 4 student busses! I will be pretty upset if they stop at one when they were able to sell this out in a day. Pretty sad that they didn't have a contigency plan in place and that they have told others sorry, we'll see what we can do.

Get it together U of M!

Well they are clearly operating at a loss here. I wouldn't expect them to continue handing out tickets for this while losing hundreds of dollars on each one.

Well they are clearly operating at a loss here. I wouldn't expect them to continue handing out tickets for this while losing hundreds of dollars on each one.

I believe the university is on the hook for x number of tickets regardless. Selling them for super cheap still brings in more money than 0. They also will be able to use the sales figures as leverage for future (and hopefully) more prestigious bowls.

I believe the university is on the hook for x number of tickets regardless. Selling them for super cheap still brings in more money than 0. They also will be able to use the sales figures as leverage for future (and hopefully) more prestigious bowls.

They're saving more money leaving them unsold rather than selling them and two nights of lodging, and snack, and T shirts and 2014 season tickets for $200.

Personally, I'm surprised we haven't had people whining that the students are getting such a good deal. Usually there is an uproar when a good deal is given to anyone but the season ticket holders.

If this is anything like the Barnyard road trips, this trip is HEAVILY supported by the Goal Line Club. Thanks to the Dunkers and Goal Line Club for making these awesome road trips happen. For Barnyard road trips we just could not afford to do more than 1 bus even though there was usually demand.

This package is the bomb...too bad it isn't heading to FL...would have filled 30 buses to Gainsville!

Trust me the U is not making a ton of money selling student tickets. Give the students a deal. This builds a lifelong loyal fan base for years to come. You have to look at the long term ROI (Return on Investment) in this situation many of these students are the next generation of season ticket holders as Alumni. I think it's a no brainer to operate at small loss for a season on student ticket revenue. To nate's point it also builds a traveling crowd and helps our bowl perception.

Where is the loss in this package to the U? They give away student tickets to almost every game to fill the stadium...so they are giving away some early...no biggie. And the U is on the hook for the full allotment of tickets to the bowl game so again, giving them away as part of this promotion is no loss.

It is all upside by having students at the bowl game, engaging the student body in next years team and making a point to bowl selection committees...tho one bus isn't going to make an impact, but 10 would!

This deal is fantastic. Norwood deserves credit for his continued efforts to get the students involved. I would have loved this trip while in school - hell I'd love it now if they'd let me tag along.

BTW guys - it isn't the tickets or the number if buses holding up adding more - not the loss either. I am sure it is limited hotel rooms at the team hotel. If they start putting students in a different hotel they lose some atmosphere and add logistical challenges.

While I agree with everyone that this is a great deal, I think that the Holiday plans have to be considered. At this point, I am sure most students have their Christmas/Holiday plans in place. I would have loved to do this, but the buses depart on Christmas Day. I am totally booked through the 26th with family events and the like!

While I agree with everyone that this is a great deal, I think that the Holiday plans have to be considered. At this point, I am sure most students have their Christmas/Holiday plans in place. I would have loved to do this, but the buses depart on Christmas Day. I am totally booked through the 26th with family events and the like!

Family events will go on year after year. Get your ass on the bus.

Agreed, the main problem I could see with adding more buses would be the costs/logistics of finding hotel rooms. But if there's such a demand for more buses for fans you've got to want to find a way to make it happen.

Hotels for students not a problem. At that age a Motel 6 is a luxury; and they'll leave the light on for you!

I believe the university is on the hook for x number of tickets regardless.

Unless something has changed, the Big Ten buys the unsold allotments from the bowls, not the individual schools. It's one of the things that they take out of the pooled bowl money before making distributions to the conference members.

Just called. They've filled two bus's and have a wait list. Said to call back Monday too see if they're adding additional
bus's.

Keep filling the buses. This is great to see and will only make it more fun for next year as well.

Such a great deal. Saw that Duke alums are paying for any student that wants to go to their game in Atlanta. I'm assuming that some alums or groups have stepped up to make this package available at a great price. Someone earlier said the ROI is huge and I agree, the memories made from a trip like this will stay forever, especially with a Gopher win. I remember heading to the Final Four when I was a sophomore at my alma mater with my roommates, had a blast, we didn't get any help from alums, but the tickets were relatively cheap back in the day. Hope it's a big convoy of buses, the Gophers need a big crowd. Went last year to the game and we can't go this year, but will watch with some Summit, Surly, and, my favorite, Steel Toe!

Just called. They've filled two bus's and have a wait list. Said to call back Monday too see if they're adding additional
bus's.

Great to here. I was skeptical about the demand for buses since they leave on Christmas, but hopefully they keep adding more and more.

Does anyone remember how many buses were taken last year? I think it was two, but I don't remember.

I seem to remember it being two as well.

Just got the phone call - two friends and I are on bus #2! Needless to say our chili is scalding.

Does anyone remember how many buses were taken last year? I think it was two, but I don't remember.

Pretty sure it was just one, and it wasn't even full. The most of the perks were the same, except they didn't get the 2nd night at the hotel, and of course didn't get the free season tickets.

Top Bottom