Student Tickets

GopherRube

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows if they were scanning student id's at the student gate like they had said they would be doing? I have a few friends who are recent grads who got student tickets, then found out they wouldn't be able to get in, so they stayed home instead on Saturday. Just wondering if they would be able to get in or not now that we have one game under our belt. I wish they wouldn't have missed that experience, it was unbelievable! I was smart enough to get on the waiting list, but it is kinda crappy how the whole system works. Recent grads are so screwed, especially the year I graduated. I know ppl say "oh you should've bought reg. season tickets a year before" but honestly, who has the money to do that while you're in school? I wish I had money like that, but I don't. Anyways, I just feel bad for my buddies and wonder if they can get in with an old student ID.

My ticket and face was definitely checked, but there were no scanners for the tickets. I can almost understand if the process got a little lax after a while... there was a giant mob of students who needed to get in before the game. It was pretty hectic.

I expect the process to be adjusted these first couple games just to see what works. So don't count on everything working exactly the same, especially this first season.

Also, the process and pace of morning games will probably differ greatly from late evening games.

Sorry to rehash this, but I just graduated last semester, and is it correct that I could buy a student ticket and use my (old) student ID to get in? Thanks in advance for any help.

They ask for your ID and look at it, but my ID was not scanned.

You could probably get away with using your old ID, yes.

I know several grads from last year who have been at both games thus far.

I'll echo the above posters by adding that they didn't buy the scanning equipment this year because it was too logistically expensive to implement the system they wanted to implement in such a short amount of time. The ticket office is modeling a lot of their efforts after what Penn State does (our fan guide is similar to theirs) and I believe wants to eventually go to the electronic ticket built into a student's U-card either on bar code or smart chip that also tracks whether or not you've been enrolled in the CheckBAC system or been kicked out of a game.

Penn State's student tickets are all through Ticketmaster, I hope the U doesn't involve Ticketmaster.

I'll echo the above posters by adding that they didn't buy the scanning equipment this year because it was too logistically expensive to implement the system they wanted to implement in such a short amount of time. The ticket office is modeling a lot of their efforts after what Penn State does (our fan guide is similar to theirs) and I believe wants to eventually go to the electronic ticket built into a student's U-card either on bar code or smart chip that also tracks whether or not you've been enrolled in the CheckBAC system or been kicked out of a game.

My vote would be to spend money on cash registers before scanning equipment. If you have to show a student ID that looks like you - that's going to get out 95% of opposing fans, and it seems like a good system.

I saw a 40 year old couple decked out in Cal gear with their 12 year old son in the student section last week. How do they possibly get through the gates? The students were giving them a pretty hard time, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I suppose the parents could be students or faculty, older students are still elligible for tickets. But in any case, their 12 year old son is probably not a student. I think anyone who shows up with student tickets wearing the opponents colors deserves getting extra scrutiny from the ticket checkers, and certainly deserved a hard time from the students.

How are they handling CheckBAC without scanning?

Top Bottom