Student Tickets

ta3

Reaction score
Recent grad here looking to get a ticket for the Wisconsin game. Was thinking about picking up a student ticket but am unsure what the entry process is like. I still have my U Card -- is it actually scanned upon entrance or will I just need to show my U Card at the gate? If the latter do the ushers actually check anything (ie, name matches ticket, picture, etc)? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Better dead than red!

Recent grad here looking to get a ticket for the Wisconsin game. Was thinking about picking up a student ticket but am unsure what the entry process is like. I still have my U Card -- is it actually scanned upon entrance or will I just need to show my U Card at the gate? If the latter do the ushers actually check anything (ie, name matches ticket, picture, etc)? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Better dead than red!

As long as you have a UCard you'll be OK. From my experience they've just looked at it.

They don't scan it yet. That may change in the future, but you're good for now. Just find a ticket and walk on in.

You should be able to go to Mariucci and use your UCard to purchase a ticket since you student profile is still active, you just don't have credits. They do not check for matching names at the gate. The only thing they will do is check at the various sections for your ticket and UCard in hand. Present both items to the ushers, and they will give you a wristband. .So lonog as you have that on, you can come and go as much as you want.

At the Penn State my wife and mother-in-law got tickets in the upper deck student section but never had ID checked. We entered at gate A.

You should be able to go to Mariucci and use your UCard to purchase a ticket since you student profile is still active, you just don't have credits. They do not check for matching names at the gate. The only thing they will do is check at the various sections for your ticket and UCard in hand. Present both items to the ushers, and they will give you a wristband. .So lonog as you have that on, you can come and go as much as you want.

Thank you everyone for the responses! To clarify, I graduated a little over five years ago so likely nothing will be active on my account. I see on Gophersports.com I can purchase student tickets that are printed at home. Based on your responses, my guess is I would just be carded at the entrance gate and if I have a U Card (and a buddy also has a U Card) we would be let in. Does that sound right?

Also, what does the wristband denote?

Thank you everyone for the responses! To clarify, I graduated a little over five years ago so likely nothing will be active on my account. I see on Gophersports.com I can purchase student tickets that are printed at home. Based on your responses, my guess is I would just be carded at the entrance gate and if I have a U Card (and a buddy also has a U Card) we would be let in. Does that sound right?

Yes.

Also, what does the wristband denote?

I believe the wrist band is just for the lower level. They limit the amount of people who can go down there, first come first serve. You get a wrist band to show you have already been down there so you don't lose your spot if you have to hit the rest room to evacuate whatever you spent the last four hours filling up on at the tailgate (more than four hours if we can stop with these damn 11AM start times).

Question. If I buy a student ticket from my friend, so it would have his name on it instead of mine, would it matter?

Question. If I buy a student ticket from my friend, so it would have his name on it instead of mine, would it matter?

No. The Terms and Conditions of the football student tickets only require a student ID and student ticket in hand. The names and pictures do not need to match. They never check closely. The tickets even say something to the effect of, names do not need to match if you borrow or buy a ticket from someone else. please return their pass to them after the game, blah, blah, blah.

No. The Terms and Conditions of the football student tickets only require a student ID and student ticket in hand. The names and pictures do not need to match. They never check closely. The tickets even say something to the effect of, names do not need to match if you borrow or buy a ticket from someone else. please return their pass to them after the game, blah, blah, blah.

Thanks!

So does that mean they'll be a lot of Badger fans in the Student Section?

There is usually a handful. Not a large amount though. I'd be more worried about the other 10,000 fans sitting in the reserved seats.

Probably not, since you would need to get in touch with a current student to buy their ticket, or a UCard to purchase a single game student ticket anyway. The student tickets look different from normal tickets.

Keep in mind there are some students at the U who are badger fans (undergrad or grad students), but there won't be many. I imagine there will be a bit more buzz for this game among the students then the past few home games

There is usually a handful. Not a large amount though. I'd be more worried about the other 10,000 fans sitting in the reserved seats.

Why worry either way? To late to change anything. All they can do is check I.D.s for the Student Section, which hopefully they're gonna do.

Besides, Wisconsin fans are still dreaming of getting 10,000 in there. They've adjusted their sights down though. In 2011 they are going have 25,000 in there. 2011 it's was going be 15-20 thousand. This year 15,000 appears to be at the top end.

Either way we'll get plenty of people on here who will tell us how the stadium was "2/3rds FULL" of Badger fans. :rolleyes:

It's always 2005 here on Gopherhole...

Probably not, since you would need to get in touch with a current student to buy their ticket, or a UCard to purchase a single game student ticket anyway. The student tickets look different from normal tickets.

Keep in mind there are some students at the U who are badger fans (undergrad or grad students), but there won't be many. I imagine there will be a bit more buzz for this game among the students then the past few home games

Thanks Drummer.

Top Bottom