Student Section

BMEnGopher

Reaction score
I was in the lower section so I have no idea how full it got in the upper deck, but as far as students staying and participating I think it was the best I'd seen in awhile. End of 3rd Quarter participation was really good and the area around me was still packed in pretty well and doing the cheers enthusiastically until Shortell threw the interception and everyone left. Unfortunately I'm 90% sure the reason participation was so good was because it was the only way we could have any fun.

A lot of no-shows in every other part of the stadium today, so I'm not going to cast "attendance stones" at the students. The student section, upper deck was not very full. Still, those that showed did their part in spades. Kudos...

I for one really like these late-afternoon to evening games...and the game time was announced back in July...so the lack of a full bowl...even in a rebuilding year (again)...is perplexing to me...especially when it was just gosh-darn perfect for football.

Maybe a lot of weddings today....

That said, there were fewer Bison than I expected. Too bad it couldn't have been more Maroon and Gold.

Go Gophers! Beat Michigan and In Kill We Trust!

I was in the lower section so I have no idea how full it got in the upper deck, but as far as students staying and participating I think it was the best I'd seen in awhile. End of 3rd Quarter participation was really good and the area around me was still packed in pretty well and doing the cheers enthusiastically until Shortell threw the interception and everyone left. Unfortunately I'm 90% sure the reason participation was so good was because it was the only way we could have any fun.

It's funny - I was just going to post a "props to the students (not kidding)" note. Even the upper deck was respectable by the second quarter, and most stayed right up until the interception return for a TD. I thought the students, and the entire crowd really, did its part and then some, especially given what we were forced to put up with.

As a 5 year member of the student section I was surprised how long students stuck around. I had to live through the end of the Mason era and all of the Brewster era where if you were down by more than 10 pts 1/2 of the section left instantly. The student section was a lot of fun tonight and I like the direction it is heading.

Top Bottom