Student Section

DLguy

Reaction score
In previous weeks (and all season) there has been a lot of talk about the student section. One of the questions was what all was the student section. I did some research, and here is what I found.

The student section is indeed sections 109-113. The first 12 rows of section 112 are reserved for student athletes and recruits, but everything else is the student section.

But currently, it only looks like 109-111 are the student section. That is because the other two sections(112-113), the students are lazy and sit the whole game and dont get into the games much like the die hards in 109-111.

Here is my solution to get the student section to look bigger and more involved. Have the die-hards take up the first 3 rows of the student section in 112 and make sure they stand the whole game like the die hards. This will cause everyone else behind them to stand, and thus making the student section that much better.

Just a thought I would throw out there.

In previous weeks (and all season) there has been a lot of talk about the student section. One of the questions was what all was the student section. I did some research, and here is what I found.

The student section is indeed sections 109-113. The first 12 rows of section 112 are reserved for student athletes and recruits, but everything else is the student section.

But currently, it only looks like 109-111 are the student section. That is because the other two sections(112-113), the students are lazy and sit the whole game and dont get into the games much like the die hards in 109-111.

Here is my solution to get the student section to look bigger and more involved. Have the die-hards take up the first 3 rows of the student section in 112 and make sure they stand the whole game like the die hards. This will cause everyone else behind them to stand, and thus making the student section that much better.

Just a thought I would throw out there.

Gopherlady touched on this in her blog from Jan 15th, and it shows a nice picture of how the seating looks at the moment:

http://www.startribune.com/yourvoices/Nadine_Babu.html

Like Nadine said, the best option would be to give students back the entire section.

I really do like the thought of getting the rest of the student section as involved as 110. Particularly right behind the hoop-I think we could do a much better job of disrupting free throws. However, I really don't think you're going to see any of the die hards (who get there 60-90+ minutes before tipoff) willing to sit 13 rows back in a section just because some of the other students are lazy.

Don't we have one of the biggest student sections in the Big Ten could the problem be that our student section is not exclusive enough to get people motivated to be loud. I mean the Izzone has a camp out weekend before you can get your tickets and if you miss a game for no apparent reason you can't get tickets for basketball again. Not saying we should be that strict but maybe those in 112-113 should pick up there act or Maturi should start selling those seats to make some more money for our money starved athletic program.

Top Bottom