Student Section Tickets

Grant

Reaction score
Gophersports.com is not offering seats in the student section to the public like they did last year. Assuming we have sold 3,500 student tickets (guess) I hope they either give away thousands of tickets or open them for sale to the public. I especially hope they do this for the Big Ten games.

Oh, I see they are offering seats in most of the upper deck student section at $30 for Saturday's game. But sections 223-227 are blocked out/reserved for students.

Kind of related, for the UNLV game they were giving students wrist bands to sit in the student section (at least in the lower level). I don't think they have done that since the first year at TCF.

The U is pushing pretty hard for the students to buy the remaining season tickets (how ever many that may be). They have also been selling single game student tickets since July. The only problem I have with this is that they do not appear to be pro rating the price of a student season ticket package given that one game has already been played.

Their sales pitch thus far has been "Thank you for making the opener a great one, please come back and buy your tickets here..."

It will be interesting to see how many students show up Saturday.

The students were great for the UNLV game. Now, that being said. Will they get their ass out of bed for an 11:00 am game against a FCS team? You know t he freshmen are going to find Friday night parties to get hammered at. When you're a junior/senior you bounce back much quicker after getting cocked to the kills than as a freshmen. When I was a senior I didn't miss one Gopher football game and even made 3 away games. As you progress through college moderation sets in. There were 5,000
plus freshmen at the UNLV, a lot of them young hoties. After a night of adventure most of those young ladies God doesn't turn the air on for them until noon. Then it is another hour to do the face.
We shall see who Gophers Up!

Top Bottom