Student Football Parking

Chubby4Tubby

Reaction score
Just received this from Gopher Sports on student parking. Was kinda hoping for more options. Not sure how many students are going to be able to afford the first option and with tailgating not an option for the oak street ramp all there is in St. Paul.

Dear Football Student Season Ticket Holder,

We hope all of you are as excited about the upcoming season as we are.
Your enthusiasm and energy will make TCF Bank Stadium one of the
premier football stadiums in the country.

As a season ticket holder you are eligible to purchase a parking pass
for the 2009 football season. Student season ticket holders will be
able to purchase a parking pass in one (1) of the following parking
areas:

LOT 37

This is a surface lot located on the Northwest side of TCF Bank
Stadium. There is a minimum donation of $1000 per parking pass in this
parking area. Once the donation level is met you are eligible to
purchase a season parking pass for $140. Tailgating is allowed in this
parking area.

OAK STREET PARKING RAMP

This parking ramp is located on Oak St which is directly south of TCF
Bank Stadium. A season parking pass costs $105 and there is no
donation required to purchase a season parking pass. Tailgating is NOT
allowed in this parking area.

S108 - STATE FAIRGROUNDS

This parking area is located at the state fairgrounds in St. Paul. The
season parking pass costs $70 and there is no donation required to
purchase a season parking pass in this area. Tailgating is allowed in
this parking area. This parking area will be available on a single
game basis; the cost is $10 per vehicle.

LOT 37

This is a surface lot located on the Northwest side of TCF Bank
Stadium. There is a minimum donation of $1000 per parking pass in this
parking area. Once the donation level is met you are eligible to
purchase a season parking pass for $140. Tailgating is allowed in this
parking area.

I'd love to know which students are going to fork over $1000 donation to park close to the stadium.

My suggestion to students who want/need to drive to the game is to go park and tailgate in the Fairgrounds lot. My bet is that it will be a massive tailgate over there and, though far from the stadium, will be a lot of fun.

Groups

Students need to get together with 10 students and make it $100 each or 20 for $50 each. You only need one spot to tailgate and you all join in together.

Students in Madison just have house parties all over campus on game days. They really don't have much tailgating at all there.

Students in Madison just have house parties all over campus on game days. They really don't have much tailgating at all there.

This is what our group is planning and imagine similar plans are being hatched all over Prospect Park, Stadium Village, Como and Marcy-Holmes as I type this. I don't see many students, even if willing to organize a group of 20, buying a Lot 37 pass. My guess is most students will be at house parties or, if legal/carrying a great fake, in the bars.

My question with the state fair parking is that isn't the big draw for TCF is that it is supposed to be all on campus? A lot of people made a big deal about the commute to the dome but at least the dome had a good amount of tailgating spots especially on washington. So I'm wondering why a lot of people would like to tailgate in st. paul and take a shuttle to the bank?

My question with the state fair parking is that isn't the big draw for TCF is that it is supposed to be all on campus? A lot of people made a big deal about the commute to the dome but at least the dome had a good amount of tailgating spots especially on washington. So I'm wondering why a lot of people would like to tailgate in st. paul and take a shuttle to the bank?

There were a lot of tailgate spots by the Dome until they started building condos. The last few years there really weren't that many tailgating spots.

The solution for students: live on campus.

Anyone know what the deal is with students who are of age and have drank or are drunk for the game? Will they get pulled out of line like underagers and forced to take a breathalyser and get put on the list of people who need to take a breathalyser before each game? I have never heard a definitive answer one way or the other on this.

I just found out there is no single game parking(for non-students), anywhere on the east bank of the campus. I think this is a great idea. After everyone figures this out the only traffic around the stadium will be those who have season parking(or busses and shuttles) and they will know where they are going. There shouldn't be anyone driving around in search of a parking spot. This should diminish any traffic problems around the stadium. We will be parking at Jax Cafe and taking their shuttle. $10 (to and from) plus a 2 for 1 drink coupon for beverages after the game. I CAN'T WAIT.

Cocktails, and GOLDEN GOPHER FOOTBALL in a brand new on camus stadium. How do you beat that.

There will be some private single game parking, but it will be nice once people figure out how little there is.

Anyone know what the deal is with students who are of age and have drank or are drunk for the game? Will they get pulled out of line like underagers and forced to take a breathalyser and get put on the list of people who need to take a breathalyser before each game? I have never heard a definitive answer one way or the other on this.

Any student making a drunken scene entering the stadium, of age or not, will get put into the breathalizer line. Unlike underage students, those who are 21+ won't be held to a .00 standard - the limit will be .08, just like driving. After being red-flagged, whether for being 20 or younger and having anything on your breath or being 21+ and exceeding the set limit, you're going through the "check in" line for the rest of the year.

I really think people are too concerned with this. If you're a fall-down, puke-everywhere drunken wreck, you're going to get pulled out of line. If you're just having a good time with your buddies and are coherent and ready to watch football, treat those taking tickets with a little respect and I doubt you'll have a problem.

Pioneer Press story outlining breath-test program

Thanks. I am 21 but its nice to know what the rules are so you know how far you can push things.

Top Bottom