STrib: U prepares for new athletic apparel deal after Nike contract expires

The Vikings jerseys are pretty solid. As far as your comments on 'they aren't purple and don't match the helmets', you are simply wrong. They ARE purple. And they DO match.

They are purple, but not the same shade as the helmet. Just check it out tomorrow.

The vikes helmets are matte purple maybe thats why they may be a little off but i really like the gophs and vikes jerseys

"It’s a sign of how such arrangements are now commonplace on the collegiate landscape, and also an indication that the University of Minnesota remains a second-tier customer for apparel companies because of its more-modest tradition of winning."

Another chance to take a cheap shot at the Gophers. Wasn't the Nike contract with the Gophers one of the best in the B1G when it was signed? Of course it is going to look weak at the end of the seven years.

All that Nike branding is very easily removable.

The Vikings jerseys are pretty solid. As far as your comments on 'they aren't purple and don't match the helmets', you are simply wrong. They ARE purple. And they DO match.

I would agree with GopherInPhilly. Unless our TV's are way off in color / contrast, they simply don't match. I made this complaint with some other fans as we watched last Friday. Uniform color and helmet color are two separate hues and it is God awful to look at.

Top Bottom