STrib: U OC Matt Limegrover took a unique path to coaching football

Great story. Always nice to have a few smart guys around!

Kill calls Limegrover one of the smartest men he's ever met -- "Perfect on the ACT [test], University of Chicago, master's degree from Northwestern," Kill said. "He's got a tremendous mind" -- but the Gophers' new offensive coordinator said he doesn't consider himself an X's-and-O's wizard as so many coaches try to style themselves.

Uh oh! Matt may have just stepped on a land mine here ;)

I think 'Defend your Thesis' should become a standard practice around here, too.

200px-UChicagoLogo2.jpg

uchicago.jpg

I met coach Limegrover -he made a very favorable impression, basically the opposite of when Coach Brewster rolled through. Wins will determine success of course but this guy didn't have me looking for my wallet when he left my office!

Clearly, University of Chicago followed by Northwestern is the same thing as going to Duluth and transferring to the U.

You probably can't walk down a hallway at the U of Chicago without bumping into someone who scored a 36.

Clearly, University of Chicago followed by Northwestern is the same thing as going to Duluth and transferring to the U.

You probably can't walk down a hallway at the U of Chicago without bumping into someone who scored a 36.

Agreed, that's the kind of institution (along with MIT/Caltech/Ivies/WashU/Hopkins/Stanford) that I believe a number like that when I hear it.

Top Bottom