STrib: Tyler Johnson's role will likely expand with Rashad Still injured

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

With Gophers receiver Rashad Still expected to miss four weeks with a shoulder injury, the team is relieved to have another emerging target in true freshman Tyler Johnson.

The coaches were raving about the Minneapolis North grad's potential late in training camp, and it played out in the season opener, when he had three receptions for 31 yards. Johnson also had a key block on Mitch Leidner's first touchdown run.

"He’s already made a ton of growth from our first throwing session in the summer," Leidner said. "I would have never been able to guess that he would be able to play this year. I was watching how raw he was right away. I was like, 'Oh, this kid will probably redshirt. And he ends up being really good in camp and getting better ever single day. So I think throughout the season, he’s going to continue making big strides."

http://www.startribune.com/tyler-jo...y-expand-with-rashad-still-injured/392612251/

Go Gophers!!

Good, I liked what I saw in game 1, he had a lot of praise from coaches earlier. Keep giving TJ6 the ball.

We are overdo for Minnesota talent to break out in skill positions. Johnson sure looks like the real deal and I think we will be very proud of Howard.

Tyler Johnson will make the most of this opportunity hopefully.

Why did you phrase it that way? Seems like your comment is based upon some preconceived doubt. Do you feel that way about all of the Minnesota recruits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are overdo for Minnesota talent to break out in skill positions. Johnson sure looks like the real deal and I think we will be very proud of Howard.

There are a couple positions that we don't "need someone to step up".... a couple.

Why did you phrase it that way? Seems like your comment is based upon some preconceived doubt. Do you feel that way about all of the Minnesota recruits?

How long have you been a MN sports fan? I completely understand why he phrased it that way.

I think diehard's take above your comment pretty much says it all. Lately hype at the skill positions, especially WR, hasn't translated well results wise.

Tjohn

Tjohn has quix. he gets the ball and is immediately accelerating. Love watchin that kid play.

I was impressed with Johnson in game 1 as well. Seemed like he was able to get separation from defenders on just about every route. Would love to see Mitch try to throw one deep to him on Saturday, or throw a fade in the corner of the end zone and test that fabled 45" vertical

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was impressed with Johnson in game 1 as well. Seemed like he was able to get separation from defenders on just about every route. Would love to see Mitch try to throw one deep to him on Saturday, or throw a fade in the corner of the end zone and test that fabled 45" vertical

Sky Pilot

Reminds me of my "8-foot hoop and trampoline in the driveway" days.

It would be nice to know what it feels like to have that kind of hops at last once in your life.

Reminds me of my "8-foot hoop and trampoline in the driveway" days.

There's a group called Division 6 Bound that organize 5 on 5 tourneys around the country that play on 9 foot rims.

With more & more specialization, at a younger and younger age, we see less Tyler Johnsons. But if you believe the American Academy of Pediatricians, then we might see the return of the true multi-sport athlete.

Pediatricians say children shouldn't specialize in a single sport until age 15-16, if at all

There's a group called Division 6 Bound that organize 5 on 5 tourneys around the country that play on 9 foot rims.

I would totally do this.

Fifteen years ago.

On an eight foot rim.

How long have you been a MN sports fan? I completely understand why he phrased it that way.

I couldn't agree with you more. I find life is so much better if I expect the worst. My Mother once told me to cheer up, thing could be worse, so I cheered up and sure enough things got worse. Seriously, why do some of you even bother to get out of bed? :banghead:

P.S. Thank god Sherels doesn't dwell on the negative. I am afraid to imagine what your get well cards to him would say.

Just wait 'til Hmielewski joins him next year (another multi-sport athlete, might I add)

CSF_CBrWUAAyfHG.jpg

Top Bottom