STrib: Tracy Claeys questions Title IX-mandated investigations

Well, someone clearly doesn't get it.

I didn't see you on the Carter Caughlin thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not impressed with Carter's dad...didn't mention the victim...didn't seem offended by what those men did...didn't seem to see fault with Claeys. I don't expect that from a freshman...but I do hope senior team leaders and involved parents could see how the tweet and the boycott got Claeys fired and blame the 10 players instead of the EOAA. That none of the football players, parents or coaches have come out to say that what those players did was totally offensive...instead they keep harping about due process. A bunch of these players should probably be in prison but are going to get off with a mere getting expelled and they Carter's dad is complaining about the EOAA...so tone deaf....a house cleaning is in order.

Read the interview with Gaelin Elmore in the Pioneer Press. He goes into the reasons why the players boycotted. A lot of it had to do with Coyle and Kaler. Coyle would not or could not explain to players why the "Gopher 10" were suspended. Coyle is either an idiot - or is shockingly inarticulate to the point where he cannot give a rational explanation for his own actions.
Elmore also said that - at the exact moment the players were meeting with Coyle and Kaler - Kaler's office put out a statement claiming the players were refusing to meet with the administration. the Boycott - and everything that followed - is 100% on Coyle and Kaler.
They boycotted because they didn't like their boss's boss's boss? They expected that to work out how for them? The flipped off the fans who bought tix to the bowl...made a local story a national embarrassment...and Claeys couldn't tell them this was a stupid idea and stop them? While Coyle might not have explained things well is irrelevant. The boycott was the dumbest thing ever and their demand that all 10 players, including Djam be reinstated before they would play football was a special kind of dumb. Now some in the legislature are thinking of cutting funds....because of the football team. Plenty of donors are angry. Who doesn't get how money funds universities? You or me?

I was not impressed with Carter's dad...didn't mention the victim...didn't seem offended by what those men did...didn't seem to see fault with Claeys. I don't expect that from a freshman...but I do hope senior team leaders and involved parents could see how the tweet and the boycott got Claeys fired and blame the 10 players instead of the EOAA. That none of the football players, parents or coaches have come out to say that what those players did was totally offensive...instead they keep harping about due process. A bunch of these players should probably be in prison but are going to get off with a mere getting expelled and they Carter's dad is complaining about the EOAA...so tone deaf....a house cleaning is in order.

Give me a "T'...give me an "R"...give me an "O"...give me an "L"...give me an "L"....

A losing issue for Claeys. He can't win on this one. Universities are not getting rid of IX investigations and Trump hasn't said a word about it.

I guess everybody isn't selfish and that makes some people uncomfortable. Some aren't willing to compromise doing the right thing to appease the double-standard PC crowd, and doing it in the face of personal or professional peril to stand up for fairness is agreeably uncommon, don't you think?

Wow. He is just tone deaf. He still doesn't get it. No mention of the victim. Just wow. Seemed like a good guy but he is simply clueless....those who said he screwed himself out of another big gig with this type of statement are right. No wonder the players were so stupid to boycott....this came from Claeys.

In every interview I've seen or read, he adamantly speaks out against sexual assault. I don't know anyone who has supported sexual assault. Because I don't know all the facts, this whole thing remains blurry, so I tend to think without clear-cut evidence it's dangerous to start executing people or it's possible the victim could be the wrongly accused. Your post seems frighteningly unreasonable.

Add Tracy Claeys to the list of people who don't get that the criminal justice system and Title IX/EOAA have different burdens of proof. He didn't do well by himself in this instance.

I think he gets it. I just think he doesn't think it is right.

Add Tracy Claeys to the list of people who don't get that the criminal justice system and Title IX/EOAA have different burdens of proof. He didn't do well by himself in this instance.

Add you to the list who don't get the criminal justice system has a LOWER burden of proof to charge then Title IX. They also aren't allowed to assume and pick a side they choose to believe as the baseline.

They boycotted because they didn't like their boss's boss's boss? They expected that to work out how for them? The flipped off the fans who bought tix to the bowl...made a local story a national embarrassment...and Claeys couldn't tell them this was a stupid idea and stop them? While Coyle might not have explained things well is irrelevant. The boycott was the dumbest thing ever and their demand that all 10 players, including Djam be reinstated before they would play football was a special kind of dumb. Now some in the legislature are thinking of cutting funds....because of the football team. Plenty of donors are angry. Who doesn't get how money funds universities? You or me?

Victim? I must of missed a trial or admission along the line.

Re-read CC's post and try to understand why your post above is dangerous. I'm not saying you are the problem, but you are.

Add you to the list who don't get the criminal justice system has a LOWER burden of proof to charge then Title IX. They also aren't allowed to assume and pick a side they choose to believe as the baseline.

Are you getting on the boat or are we going to have to turn around and come get you?

Are you getting on the boat or are we going to have to turn around and come get you?

Oh, I'm getting on. PJF wasn't my first choice, but what do I know. I wanted Brady Hoke [emoji15]. I'm a Gopher Fan and will optimistically support whatever coach and players we have until proven that I shouldn't.

Victim? I must of missed a trial or admission along the line.

That's what I was thinking.

Pretty sure there was a survivor not a victim according to the brave souls who protested the other day.

Top Bottom