STrib: Tracy Claeys questions Title IX-mandated investigations

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jason:

Tracy Claeys in an interview with ESPN's Outside the Lines Thursday questioned the fairness of Title IX-mandated investigations that universities use.

The ex-Gophers football coach was fired Tuesday in part because of a Title IX investigation of alleged sexual assault that led to the suspension of 10 football players.

“The university had the right to get rid of me and that’s their choice,” Claeys said. “But the bigger thing is we bring to light this whole process and the Title IX law that does put universities in a tight bind, and hopefully this will be looked at across the country.”

Claeys said the Gophers football boycott was about standing up for fairness in the process. Claeys expressed Thursday a similar sentiment the players voiced by questioning why a university investigation would overrule the results of a police investigation.

“Any type of sexual assault or sexual misconduct is serious and needs to be looked at, and you have it looked at and investigated by law enforcement and people trained to investigate that, and they come back with one decision. And it comes back another way in a [Title IX] process that our kids didn’t feel fair. I don’t know how that trumps an all-out police investigation.

“My personal belief, and this is just me on my own, I don’t know if we want a single office on any campus handling anything that would be like a felony-type of charge that will change a kid’s life forever. I’ve seen some of these things on transcripts going through recruiting and transfer kids, some of the things that are put on these transcripts when these kids go through these investigations, these kids have no chance. And there was never any type of criminal charges filed against them. When schools get these and see what’s on them in admissions, they’re hampering these kids for life.

“My own belief is that shouldn’t be handled on campus when you’ve got a chance of ruining a kid’s life.”

http://www.startribune.com/tracy-cl...e-title-ix-mandated-investigations/409811485/

Go Gophers!!

A losing issue for Claeys. He can't win on this one. Universities are not getting rid of IX investigations and Trump hasn't said a word about it.

Well, if Claeys ever wanted a big time head coaching job at a major university again he wouldn't have said that.

A losing issue for Claeys. He can't win on this one. Universities are not getting rid of IX investigations and Trump hasn't said a work about it.

He's obviously not going to win for himself and Universities aren't going to get rid of Title IX offices, however, they will be reigned in eventually. They are destroying the lives of a lot of people and some people are finally speaking up about it. We still have a ways to go, but the decadent era of progressive fascism will come to end.

Well, if Claeys ever wanted a big time head coaching job at a major university again he wouldn't have said that.

You know what, you're probably right.

That's what makes this all so crazy. A guy saying "something as serious as sexual assault shouldn't be investigated by a lone campus office" is somehow so controversial that he will get blacklisted. I'm not saying I disagree with your point, I actually agree with it. It's just a sign of how crazy the times are.

That's what makes this all so crazy. A guy saying "something as serious as sexual assault shouldn't be investigated by a lone campus office" is somehow so controversial that he will get blacklisted. I'm not saying I disagree with your point, I actually agree with it. It's just a sign of how crazy the times are.

Spot on.

100% agree. Remember when's universities were a place where you could have differing opinions and discusss?

He's obviously not going to win for himself and Universities aren't going to get rid of Title IX offices, however, they will be reigned in eventually. They are destroying the lives of a lot of people and some people are finally speaking up about it. We still have a ways to go, but the decadent era of progressive fascism will come to end.

Or, wink wink, a new era of fascism will begin.

I know. It seems like he thinks he has a career in talk radio.

What's funny about your statement is the Dan B. on KFAN replayed what Claeys said and agreed with 90% of it..hmm maybe the guy has a point because it's getting major radio play and national television appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 1000%. Come on Trump - fight the PC crowd, we all know that we can't ask Dayton. He probably was forcing the issue to satisfy his liberal friends.

Agree 1000%. Come on Trump - fight the PC crowd, we all know that we can't ask Dayton. He probably was forcing the issue to satisfy his liberal friends.

Now where are all those posters who scream about "get that political talk to the Off-Topic Board"?

Wonder what the difference is? :D

Love it. Quote a guy preaching about dangerous progressive fascists in beseeching a guy who actually has many characteristics of a fascist to save us. Who would have thought a gang bang would become such a seminal event in preserving our freedoms?

A losing issue for Claeys. He can't win on this one. Universities are not getting rid of IX investigations and Trump hasn't said a word about it.

No it's not, and he is correct, they are not fair by design. Universities can do many, many things to improve them. Pretty soon many universities will be making changes to improve them.

No it's not, and he is correct, they are not fair by design. Universities can do many, many things to improve them. Pretty soon many universities will be making changes to improve them.

The only acceptable change is to get rid of them entirely.

I have gotten mad respect for Coach Claeys. This man put is career in jeopardy to support the young men families entrusted him with.[emoji1547][emoji1547][emoji1547][emoji1547][emoji1547][emoji1547][emoji1547]

I have witnessed up close and personal when this is not the case. Mob mentality shouted down any voice that disagreed with them and the U blinked. Claeys refused to join the clown show and paid for it with his job.

Ugly accusations are just that....ugly ACCUSATIONS.

The only acceptable change is to get rid of them entirely.

Sorry, can't agree. Done correctly and with fairness, these procedures can be extremely effective. No question the U's has a ways to go, but I've already laid out three changes that are quick fixes.

Wow. He is just tone deaf. He still doesn't get it. No mention of the victim. Just wow. Seemed like a good guy but he is simply clueless....those who said he screwed himself out of another big gig with this type of statement are right. No wonder the players were so stupid to boycott....this came from Claeys.

Wow. He is just tone deaf. He still doesn't get it. No mention of the victim. Just wow. Seemed like a good guy but he is simply clueless....those who said he screwed himself out of another big gig with this type of statement are right. No wonder the players were so stupid to boycott....this came from Claeys.

Well, someone clearly doesn't get it.

I didn't see you on the Carter Caughlin thread?

He's not wrong.

I'm just not sure at this point him taking up the cause really moves it forward.

Read the interview with Gaelin Elmore in the Pioneer Press. He goes into the reasons why the players boycotted. A lot of it had to do with Coyle and Kaler. Coyle would not or could not explain to players why the "Gopher 10" were suspended. Coyle is either an idiot - or is shockingly inarticulate to the point where he cannot give a rational explanation for his own actions.
Elmore also said that - at the exact moment the players were meeting with Coyle and Kaler - Kaler's office put out a statement claiming the players were refusing to meet with the administration. the Boycott - and everything that followed - is 100% on Coyle and Kaler.

Add Tracy Claeys to the list of people who don't get that the criminal justice system and Title IX/EOAA have different burdens of proof. He didn't do well by himself in this instance.

Add Tracy Claeys to the list of people who don't get that the criminal justice system and Title IX/EOAA have different burdens of proof. He didn't do well by himself in this instance.

I think most folks GET it.

They maybe feel it shouldn't be that way.

Top Bottom