STrib: Sharp is getting his moment.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Not sure what the "X" is here - I think Amelia forgot to look up where he is from and published without filling in that detail. Unless there is a city named "X" that I'm not aware of:

Sharp is getting his moment. It's easy to look at this team and wonder how the players could continue to give good effort. That is, except for walk-on Stephon Sharp, who has unexpectedly been handed his big shot as the season wraps up. And the X native is certainly making the most of it, finishing with 35 points in two games while starting at point guard, a position he hasn't played since elementary school.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-sluggishly-with-loss-to-wisconsin/370886351/

Go Gophers!!

Back to Sharp - he really stepped in the last few days. To put up two games of offense like he did, and to have 0 turnovers against a team like Wisconsin at a position he's not familiar with, is significant.

It will be interesting to see if he works his way as a more regular part of the rotation next season.

Go Gophers!!

Back to Sharp - he really stepped in the last few days. To put up two games of offense like he did, and to have 0 turnovers against a team like Wisconsin at a position he's not familiar with, is significant.

It will be interesting to see if he works his way as a more regular part of the rotation next season.

Go Gophers!!

Sharp definitely something to feel good about as we suffer this end-of-season abyss. Good example of why coaches always say be prepared when your opportunity comes.

I would imagine between now and Indy the coaching staff will be working a ton on the press break. John Groce would be out of his mind not to start the B1G Tournament game with the press given Sharp's lack of experience, and our lack of a true PG. Suspect Gophers will have to handle all-out pressure if they want to win a game in Indy.

What his story? Where did he go after Hopkins? Amelia there is a article idea for you. Sharpe I assume is a natural wing player. We have Coffey, McBrayer, Gilbert and probably Hurt and Fitzgerald as two and threes. Sharpe would seem to be in the mix as well.

He went to a prep school after Hopkins. Gopherhole had a nice write up/interview with Sharp after he committed last spring, maybe someone can post it?

Agreed with everyone else, Sharp has been very impressive the past couple games all things considered. I think he has a chance to turn himself into a rotation player going forward.

He went to a prep school after Hopkins. Gopherhole had a nice write up/interview with Sharp after he committed last spring, maybe someone can post it?

Agreed with everyone else, Sharp has been very impressive the past couple games all things considered. I think he has a chance to turn himself into a rotation player going forward.

Here is the Q&A we did with Stephon:

Q&A: After a Year in Prep School, Hopkins' Stephon Sharp Commits to Minnesota as Preferred Walk-On

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/508635?referrer_id=388419-gopherhole-com-news-archive

I'm thinking he needs a scholly if he doe well the rest of this season.

What his story? Where did he go after Hopkins? Amelia there is a article idea for you. Sharpe I assume is a natural wing player. We have Coffey, McBrayer, Gilbert and probably Hurt and Fitzgerald as two and threes. Sharpe would seem to be in the mix as well.

I can see Sharp getting playing time. For one, he should be playing over Gilbert next season. Hurt is a 3, Fitzgerald is as well. That leaves Mason, McBrayer, and Coffey as the 3 guards and Sharp as the 4th guard.

Sharp was great. I'm afraid SS is right regarding the press, esp. since there is not ambiguity about who is playing and who isn't.

Not sure what the "X" is here - I think Amelia forgot to look up where he is from and published without filling in that detail. Unless there is a city named "X" that I'm not aware of:

Sharp is getting his moment. It's easy to look at this team and wonder how the players could continue to give good effort. That is, except for walk-on Stephon Sharp, who has unexpectedly been handed his big shot as the season wraps up. And the X native is certainly making the most of it, finishing with 35 points in two games while starting at point guard, a position he hasn't played since elementary school.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-sluggishly-with-loss-to-wisconsin/370886351/

Go Gophers!!

Pretty bad that it still says that. I'm not sure the Strib ever edits any articles or reads anything once it's up. I liked the part about Joey though. Too bad so many other MN high school players don't share that MN pride.

Top Bottom