STrib: Right side of Gophers' offensive line remains sidelined

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

The Gophers will be without the right side of their projected offensive line for the foreseeable future.

Right guard Curtis Dunlap Jr. and right tackle Daniel Faalele both missed Saturday’s 49-24 loss to Michigan. Dunlap was on the sideline for warmups at TCF Bank Stadium, using a scooter with his left foot in a cast. Faalele was not present.

Per a report from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, both are out indefinitely: Dunlap with a torn Achilles’ tendon, and Faalele absent from the team for several months with COVID-19 concerns. Dunlap briefly entered the NCAA transfer portal on Sept. 1 only to pull his name the next day. Faalele endured some injuries last season, which kept him out of a couple games late in the year.

Go Gophers!!

I can't believe we were able to run the ball as well as we were even ...

The starters are set for the Tackles and Center:
LT - Schlueter
C - JMS
RT - Andries

Olson will start, at one of the Guard spots.

Everyone was say Ruschmeyer at RG pre-season, then he's suddenly at LG in the game. I wonder if that was to help out his injured left ankle, more than anything?

Wonder if he tweaked it on the series where they sacked us three straight times, or if they just had to pull him out because he wasn't doing any good? I guess we'll see, if they go with him again or if they go with Boe, who I assume is first man in if any interior guy goes down (Olson would be Center if JMS hurt).

Assuming Guedet is the first Tackle in on either side.

After that, we have Beier and Cooper as scholarship players, but otherwise down to true freshmen.

Michigan D-Line is a tough test for any sort of reworked offensive line coming off a strange off-season. Maryland D-Line should be much less imposing. This will hopefully lead to some better pass protection while the new pieces and old pieces in new places gel as a group.

Doesn't say when Dunlap tore the Achilles (at least not in the part posted) but have to assume that puts him out of commission until 2021. Will be interesting to see if Faalele comes back for 2021 as well or if he moves on to the NFL. He seemed very raw still in a lot of ways so it would seem like another year of college football would really help him develop.

I don't see Faalele going pro as he will have missed a lot of football and like stated above, is raw. He needs a good year to knock off the rust. Will be interesting to see who is at LT next year.

I'm not to concerned as long as they don't have any more injury set-backs.

It is time to move on. Not impressed with Faalele anyway.

It is time to move on. Not impressed with Faalele anyway.
I was very impressed with what he was able to do as a true freshman in 2018.

Schlueter was getting embarrassed by Nelson of Iowa at RT, and when Faalele came in he almost neutralized him for the rest of the game.

Michigan D-Line is a tough test for any sort of reworked offensive line coming off a strange off-season. Maryland D-Line should be much less imposing. This will hopefully lead to some better pass protection while the new pieces and old pieces in new places gel as a group.

Doesn't say when Dunlap tore the Achilles (at least not in the part posted) but have to assume that puts him out of commission until 2021. Will be interesting to see if Faalele comes back for 2021 as well or if he moves on to the NFL. He seemed very raw still in a lot of ways so it would seem like another year of college football would really help him develop.

Word has it it was about 6-8 weeks ago that Curtis hurt his achilles.

Top Bottom