STrib: Richard Pitino's extension makes an impression on commit Daniel Oturu

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"It's good to see he'll be here through my time," said Oturu, who was checking out construction on the University of Minnesota's new Athletes Village facility Wednesday.

Oturu, a 6-foot-10 junior, committed to the Gophers in January before Pitino was named Big Ten coach of the year and the team reached the first NCAA tournament since 2013. Oturu plans to use the new practice facility to help convince other Minnesota players to join him at the U.

"Yeah, it's real nice," Oturu said. "It'll (be) brand new our freshman year, so the facilities should be the best."

Playing on the Nike EYBL circuit through two sessions this spring, Oturu is averaging 10.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.0 blocks for the 7-1 Howard Pulley Panthers. He hopes the hot start will help Pulley, with teammates and Gopher targets Tre Jones and Gabe Kalscheur, eventually reach their goal of playing for the Peach Jam championship in July.

Oturu's goals were clear going into the AAU season this year.

"Just trying to transcend my game to the next level and get a lot better," he said. "Just being able to work on doing more things on the court. And helping my team get back to (the Peach Jam) and winning more games."

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...-impression-on-commit-daniel-oturu/421246983/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom