STrib: Richard Pitino has starting lineup in mind after two Gophers scrimmages

Konate definitely has division one size and athleticism. Can he gain the skills to be a decent back up? I would say probably. I also don't think he needs to play more than 10 min per game as Curry will get a few minutes at the 5 spot as well.

"Improve to that level" I'm laughing at that. Beeg, your basketball hindsight mirrors you political
misgivings. He has bad hands, no post moves except for going to his left with a jump hookshot
horrible footwork on defense that crates stupid fouls,and his positioning on rebounds. He has no idea on the angle of the ball after the person shoots, and he gets himself to far under the boards at times to rebound. He was a project when he was recruited, and he will still be a project when he leaves. He and Gaston are great kids, but they belong at D3.

What a Trump esque take that was.

Except Thomas turned 21 shortly before his senior season. Konate will be 23 in December.

Who cares about age? The idea is to win games, not be the youngest team. Richard Coffey came to the U at 24.

That's crazy talk. Big guys often improve late. As good as John Thomas was for the Gophers, he average 9+ points and 6+ rebounds as a senior for the Gophers. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Konate could improve to that level.

Not unless they perform hand transplants.

Top Bottom