STrib: Pardon us, P.J. Fleck. It's going to take a while to get used to 'elite'

During his Barreiro interview yesterday Fleck said the one surprise for him so far is how negative the media is here.
It is really annoying that it persists the way it does. Sid is about the only writer that is mostly positive. Pretty much the rest are very negative. You could expand it to the radio people too (in general).

Fifty years of marinating in mediocrity does that. Many years of psychotherapy won't reverse it. Winning championships will.

So you got a new guy come in and say stuff like "Elite", "Row The Boat", wired up like a "Brewster/Kill baby fed with baby bottles juiced with coke". So naturally, many will say whatta hey is with this guy?

I'd say to the local press - strap in your boots and go for the ride of a lifetime to the promised land.

We need something more than the usual narrative with our recent football coach hires.

Fifty years of marinating in mediocrity does that. Many years of psychotherapy won't reverse it. Winning championships will.

So you got a new guy come in and say stuff like "Elite", "Row The Boat", wired up like a "Brewster/Kill baby fed with baby bottles juiced with coke". So naturally, many will say whatta hey is with this guy?

I'd say to the local press - strap in your boots and go for the ride of a lifetime to the promised land.

We need something more than the usual narrative with our recent football coach hires.

I agree. Hopefully it can change the outlook of our frumpy old sports columnists who regurgitate the same articles over and over or the ones who are fit, and I mean, like, really fit.

has anyone defined what Elite is?? is Wisconsin's program elite--I don't think so, but I would love to have their 25 year stretch...hell I would take Iowa's stretch, and they are no where near elite...o$u, scum, maybe elite, but w/o controversy and rule breaking. If he defines elite as 'bama, a lot of people will be disappointed, if he says let's get to the level of WI....well who knows, he is setting the bar damn high with his talk, can he produce, that remains to be seen...but at least he has triggered excitement.

has anyone defined what Elite is?? is Wisconsin's program elite--I don't think so, but I would love to have their 25 year stretch...hell I would take Iowa's stretch, and they are no where near elite...o$u, scum, maybe elite, but w/o controversy and rule breaking. If he defines elite as 'bama, a lot of people will be disappointed, if he says let's get to the level of WI....well who knows, he is setting the bar damn high with his talk, can he produce, that remains to be seen...but at least he has triggered excitement.

I belive someone said PJ was asked, he said Wisconsin is not elite.

Top Bottom