STrib: Opportunities slip from Gophers' receivers grasp

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

At no time did the decibels climb higher Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium than after Rashod Bateman’s 51-yard touchdown catch early in the first quarter gave the Gophers the first big play and lead of the game against Wisconsin.

Just like that the college football viewers around the country watching the Big Ten West Division title showdown were reminded of P.J. Fleck’s talented wide receiving corps.

That talented group gave the Gophers the early edge, but the explosive plays through the air were hard to come by when it mattered most moving forward in a 38-17 loss to the Badgers.

“I just felt like we weren’t attacking the football like we normally do,” Fleck said. “We really are very aggressive at the wide receiver position.”

Go Gophers!!

Brutal day for the receiver corps from top to bottom. Granted, there were a lot of 50/50 throws and a couple high ones but seemed like they caught zero percent of those 50/50s tonight. Sprinkle in a couple PIs that weren’t called and our team strength at WR wasn’t enough and the guys didn’t make enough plays today. Next game will probably be a totally different story.

Brutal day for the receiver corps from top to bottom. Granted, there were a lot of 50/50 throws and a couple high ones but seemed like they caught zero percent of those 50/50s tonight. Sprinkle in a couple PIs that weren’t called and our team strength at WR wasn’t enough and the guys didn’t make enough plays today. Next game will probably be a totally different story.
There were several plays that I thought were for sure pass interference while watching live and then didn’t look nearly as bad while watching the replay. The refs were letting the defense play with their hands a bit more than most games this season.

For me this was a huge part of the game.

Multiple opportunities to make big plays by the WRs. They just didn’t make them.

Top Bottom