STrib: McBrayer and Murphy are starting to look like genuine star material

Murphy reminds me of Dennis Rodman in that he has a quick hop when he's near the rim. Most people have to gather themselves to jump, but Murphy just rises from the push he generates from his calves. You don't see any knee bend, which makes his jump a split second faster than his opponents. Rodman had the same ability, which allowed him to be a great, undersized, rebounder. Next time Murphy plays, watch his jump.

Dude in the seats next to mine and I were talking about this. He gets above the rim effortlessly. And, as pointed out, very quickly. Huge asset.

Murphy reminds me of Dennis Rodman in that he has a quick hop when he's near the rim. Most people have to gather themselves to jump, but Murphy just rises from the push he generates from his calves. You don't see any knee bend, which makes his jump a split second faster than his opponents. Rodman had the same ability, which allowed him to be a great, undersized, rebounder. Next time Murphy plays, watch his jump.

Konate has a quick, explosive jump too, one of the main reasons I thought he would be a real asset this year.

Konate has a quick, explosive jump too, one of the main reasons I thought he would be a real asset this year.

Really?? I haven't seen it, I barely see him leave the floor. I'll have to watch closer I guess.

Really?? I haven't seen it, I barely see him leave the floor. I'll have to watch closer I guess.

Doesn't take much to see the guy has an explosive-quick jump for his size... Granted we have had slugs like Spencer, Ralph, Elliot, Mo in recent past.

BK has a quick jump on easy feeds for dunks underneath. His inexperience in the game of basketball really hinders his attempts to use his athleticism. That and having some really bad hands have been the downside.

Top Bottom