STrib: Kill advises Minnesotans to shed red from their wardrobe

Whenever I see someone on campus wearing any BADger or Hawkeye apparel I always ask them if they need help finding something. Their confused faces often lead me to explain that they must be lost if they are wearing those clothes on the University of Minnesota campus. If they say that they're students, I try to direct them to the bookstore or the nearest Goldy's Locker Room.

Bigger issues to deal with than randoms wearing other school gear....we are not special, it happens everywhere.

There's an apartment on campus with a uw flag in the window. I shake my head ever time I see it.

This gets back to the school pride thing. As someone who attended Mizzou and is now going to be a senior at the U, students simply need to become more proud of their university and wear (maroon and gold) clothes accordingly. Campus needs more maroon and gold banners, signs, statues, etc. to remind people that this is Minnesota. Nothing worse than seeing a fellow undergrad in Badger, Iowa shirts. Keep winning Jerry, and school pride here will grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the U ever drop reciprocity with wisconsin? That would eliminate some red.

Top Bottom