STrib: Injuries start to mount for 3-1 Gophers football

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Kill said All-Big Ten cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun would undergo an MRI for a knee injury, adding, “Briean’s one I’m concerned about.”

Kill said senior safety Damarius Travis will remain out this week with his hamstring injury. Antonio Johnson, the other senior starter at safety, and wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky suffered concussions against Ohio. Cornerback KiAnte Hardin turned an ankle, and linebacker Cody Poock injured his ribs.

Kill said he thinks Poock has a chance to play at Northwestern, depending how quickly he heals.

“I think they’ve all got a chance [to return soon], but I don’t know about this week,” Kill said.

http://www.startribune.com/injuries-start-to-mount-for-3-1-gophers-football/329719131/

Go Gophers!!

If it's bad for Briean, I think we should take Myrick off kick return. I know he housed one, but I'd rather keep him fresh and healthy. We have 500 backs and receivers, not enough DBs.

If it's bad for Briean, I think we should take him off kick return. I know he housed one, but I'd rather keep him fresh and healthy. We have 500 backs and receivers, not enough DBs.

BBC isn't on kick returns

If it's bad for Briean, I think we should take him off kick return. I know he housed one, but I'd rather keep him fresh and healthy. We have 500 backs and receivers, not enough DBs.

You are thinking of Myrick....who also probably should not be on kick returns when we are getting a little thin.

You are thinking of Myrick....who also probably should not be on kick returns when we are getting a little thin.

Tough call. Brooks did ok returning kicks, but Myrick is our fastest player. Our need for him on D is pretty high tho. Tough call. I wonder if Berkeley could give this a go or if his hands are too questionable?

Man, speculation ain't worth much at this point, but it sure sounds like an ACL for BBC. Getting an MRI, Kill "especially concerned," and only 2 years removed from knee surgery. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me sick.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank goodness. Might still be out a few weeks, but avoiding surgery means there's a chance he's back for the late-season games.

Yeah, fwiw i saw BBC walking around during the second half. I know you can typically walk even with an acl injury, just seems weird they'd let him walk around like if it's a potentially serious injury. Idk.

Hopefully he can be back after the bye.

Hopefully it's only a 4 week injury and he's back by Michigan. It seems like a month is typically what is quoted for minor knee injuries.

My hope is that the vast majority of the team is healthy by the Michigan game.

Yeah, fwiw i saw BBC walking around during the second half. I know you can typically walk even with an acl injury, just seems weird they'd let him walk around like if it's a potentially serious injury. Idk.

I would view that as a good sign as well. If they thought there was a chance it was torn I would think they would have immobilized the leg to avoid him making it any worse accidentally. Hopefully this is just a rest and rehab injury and not one that is going to require season ending surgery. Would be a rough way to end a very good but injury filled college career for BBC.

Top Bottom