STrib: How did Gophers coach P.J. Fleck spend the weekend without a game for his team?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Randy:

With his Gophers football team on its bye last weekend, coach P.J. Fleck had a chance to watch some games not involving his team. He was most impressed with No. 7 Washington's 36-33 comeback win over No. 8 Oregon.

The Huskies scored the winning touchdown with 1 minute, 38 seconds left in the fourth quarter. The Ducks had a chance to send the game to overtime but missed a 43-yard field-goal attempt on the game's final play.

"That's what college football is all about,'' he said. "That might have been one of the more exciting games I've seen in a long time. That's what's coming into the league.''

Washington and Oregon, along with UCLA and USC, will leave the Pac-12 at the end of the 2023-24 school year and begin play in the Big Ten next fall.

There was recruiting work, too, for Fleck during the bye week. He made the trip north on I-35 with safeties coach Danny Collins to watch Esko four-star safety and Gophers commit Koi Perich play at Hermantown. Perich put on a show, rushing seven times for 94 yards and two touchdowns, returning two interceptions for TDs and collecting five tackles and one sack in a 41-7 Esko victory.

Go Gophers!!

I see Perich has offers from Mich. and USC. Can the Gophers match the NIL money from both of those helmet schools?

I see Perich has offers from Mich. and USC. Can the Gophers match the NIL money from both of those helmet schools?
No, but can the others offer the opportunity to play for the home state Big Ten college Gophers?
Can we offer 100,000 people at our home games? Can we offer the ocean beach 20 minutes away? There are a lot of things we can't match that those two schools can but we also have advantages that they don't have for a Minnesota kid.

Top Bottom