STrib: Gophers men's basketball on pace for lowest attendance in five decades; average tickets scanned is 3,313

It's working across the street at Mariucci. Sold Out this Saturday, 2 straight weekends.
Imagine my surprise when I needed 8 tickets for Saturday. Lucked out on stubhub but it could have been $$$

I don't know of a single person who has had their car broken into at any Gopher event. But I know people who have had their car broken into at church in the "safe" suburbs. In almost all of the cases, the vehicles were left unlocked and/or something of value was out in plain sight - the #1 reason it happens.
That’s why I don’t go to church! That and the wine is terrible.

What times were tip-offs pre BTN? I hate the 8pm tip-offs and I wonder if they are only because of being the BTN late game. Can’t bring my kids as it’s too late and I’d personally rather do happy hour and just walk over to the game (630/7 tip)

A buddy and I have made a game day decision to go to Mariucci for tonight's game against Sparty. $27/each after fees, from the U directly.
I didn’t have that luxury for Saturday. Needed 8 and had to go secondary.

What times were tip-offs pre BTN? I hate the 8pm tip-offs and I wonder if they are only because of being the BTN late game. Can’t bring my kids as it’s too late and I’d personally rather do happy hour and just walk over to the game (630/7 tip)
Pre BTN, probably over half were at 7pm. Still had some late ones though if the game was on ESPN. I think there were even a few as late as 8:30 pm or as early as 6 pm.

Just a snapshot this wiki link has game times. 2 home games were at 8pm.

Also only a 16 game Big 10 schedule, that had an impact as well as opposed the slate of 20 now.

I live in Hennepin county but just barely. I’m 30 minutes from Williams. So if it’s an 11am game I need to leave around 10 to be in my seat for tip-off. And that’s hustling from the 4th street ramp and assuming ticket lines are short-ish.

Game ends at 1pm. I’m home around 2pm. 4 hours of a Saturday is a lot to watch this product.

Now—8pm games? Not a chance im doing this consistently anymore.
They’re in the cloud ☁️ Grandpa 😃
I was a season ticket holder and use to make every game. Life changed. But the team just doesn’t interest me really and the game day experience is awful

Top Bottom