STrib: Gophers Look Better Defensively With Work Still to Do Offensively

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

"Too pick-and-roll heavy", is an understatement. Youngblood notes that Kadi will play.

The Gophers worked extensively on the offense in practice Tuesday. Whalen feels the team has become too pick-and-roll heavy, so more motion sets have been installed.

A team that has shot an average of nearly 25 threes a game might need to shoot fewer, at least in the short term, as the coaching staff stresses the need to get into the paint more, either for finishes at the rim or for kick-outs.

"We have to move the ball more,'' point guard Jasmine Powell said. "We have to get into the paint, get paint touches. When we do that, we're successful.''

I agree with the assessment that the Gophers should depend less on the threes. Scalia goes through streaks where she falls in love with the three. She's very capable of getting to the hoop. Although Kadi can hit threes, I'd prefer that she hangs around inside the arc, as she is very good at getting to the hoop and this team needs that. Pick and roll? If a team is going to do a lot of pick and rolls, they'll need post players that are more of a threat to score.

B1G+ stream not working properly for me or my Dad. Anyone else having issues?

Looks like the other btn+ streams are all having issues. I tried watching the Nebraska Creighton game and that one is doing the same thing.

I was able to watch the whole game on my B1G+ app on roku

Top Bottom