STrib: Gophers football recruits get tugged together

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Several Gophers football recruits were on the way back from the Mall of America, or maybe it was U.S. Bank Stadium, when one finally spoke up and asked the question on everyone’s mind.

“Are you guys going here? Because this is the best place I’ve ever been. We have to go here.”

Gage Keys, a defensive end from Ohio, heard that and immediately answered, “Yeah, I’m coming here, too.”

That was six months ago, when 12 players committed to play for the Gophers after their “Summer Splash” official visit weekend. Since then, the 2020 class has bonded through Twitter and a group chat, reuniting for the Wisconsin game to experience “College GameDay” and the Gophers’ shot at winning the Big Ten West.

Now, 26 Gophers commits will sign their national letters of intent Wednesday, the start of a three-day early signing period when most football recruits make their decision. Several of them will then become early enrollees, joining the Gophers for January winter workouts and spring ball.

Go Gophers!!

How can you turn down an offer after the Summer Splash when you got entertained royally being shown the better part of Minnesota in one weekend? For a kid to come into this during a recruiting visit may seem like being blasted right into space in a row boat.

Great recruiting strategy!

"These times, they are a changin'"

Sincerely,
Gold Rush

Curious what all the sites/activities the recruits are shown at summer splash.

I'm guessing the headline writer doesn't know what "get tugged" means. Or maybe they do?

I’m old. My kids just recently had to tell me about the eggplant emoji! :eek:

For the online version of the article the headline has been changed to:
Together already: Gophers 2020 football recruits have started their bonding

Let's hear it for the NCAA for allowing Official Visits in the summer!!!!

Swing and a miss on the headline. Ironically, last night Fleck told a story of how they were boating on Minnetonka and got stranded out there, and so I expected the story to be about that (thinking the boat had to be towed in, like a tug boat would do). I've never heard of bonding as "tugging together" unless they all got Lake Street Handshakes together. Weird phrasing.

For the online version of the article the headline has been changed to:
Together already: Gophers 2020 football recruits have started their bonding
My thread had this and directly below it an ad for opioid addiction...

I think Louisville B-ball used to attract recruits this way too

Top Bottom