Strib: For Piper Ritter Time was Right

I would have bet big money at that moment that at least Lindaman . . and Partain . . . would have went with Allister to Stanford and decimated our in 2018 season . . . And please don’t tell me that Lindaman and Partain “couldn’t have got into Stanford” or some bunk like that!
You don't know. You just assume. Classof98. Truth is according to players a number of them thought they'd leave. Coach Al told them all to stay. Maddie brought them together. She did this again after the "mutiny" meeting with Mr. Coyle. Players kept it together. No. 2 Well known fact. Stanford does not take transfers. Players have to be admitted according to their standards. Only in Football do they get some breaks. We know people who know two basketball players from here who went there. Both told stories how Stanford works. No transfers. No breaks on admission. Last is JT deserves credit for navigating two seasons successfully. Especially 2019. That has lot to do with JT and lots to do with the character in our players and families. Even Lindy, Emma, Alex. Least they tried.

Not directed at you. I just felt like there was some general piling-on directed at the last coach and I wanted to record a dissent to that.

I am not going to type the name that begins with T again. On to next year and the future.

Reactions: MRJ

Not directed at you. I just felt like there was some general piling-on directed at the last coach and I wanted to record a dissent to that.

I am not going to type the name that begins with T again. On to next year and the future.

Okay. Didn't want to create any unnecessary drama on my end...

If you look back at all the coaching changes the one that held the team together was Piper. I think we would be surprised how much Jamie relied on piper to kept the team together even after she became coach.

In addition to the coaches, and maybe more importantly for keeping a roster together, I'm guessing the 2018-2019 player rosters had some natural born leaders that developed family-like relationships with each other. Many good teams bond like that. It's what the college experience is all about.

On a side note, the former Oregon team that exploded when White left must have been comprised with a bunch of mercenaries.

It strikes me that none of this turmoil would've occurred and our torrent of postings wouldn't now exist if the U had been effectively pro-active and done everything necessary to keep Allister in 2017. I know all the counter-arguments, but it would still be hard to convince me that couldn't've been done. To me, pro-active was the key word.

It strikes me that none of this turmoil would've occurred and our torrent of postings wouldn't now exist if the U had been effectively pro-active and done everything necessary to keep Allister in 2017. I know all the counter-arguments, but it would still be hard to convince me that couldn't've been done. To me, pro-active was the key word.

How do we know that wasn't the case? And what more could have been done in your opinion?

How do we know that wasn't the case? And what more could have been done in your opinion?
Actually, Mark really wanted Jessica here long term. He made her a very attractive offer. But,Stanford is 'home'. It was the second time Stanford tried to get her from MN.

One thing is certain, that class of freshman during the 2017 season will go down as a truly special group of players. Obviously several had uniquely special physical talent, but almost all members of that class have been so hard-working and committed to the program and have lead by example day in and day out.

Actually, Mark really wanted Jessica here long term. He made her a very attractive offer. But,Stanford is 'home'. It was the second time Stanford tried to get her from MN.

That's kinda the impression I got too...

Top Bottom