STrib: CC's Cruikshank Transferring to Minnesota

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Colorado College hockey captain Grant Cruikshank is transferring to the Gophers.

"Thanks to CC hockey for a memorable 3 years," Cruikshank wrote on Twitter on Monday. "I couldn't be more excited to announce I am transferring to Minnesota. I can't wait to get started!"

Cruikshank, a 5-11 forward from Delafield, Wis., is the son of Olympic speedskaters Bonnie Blair and David Cruikshank. Blair is among the most decorated Olympic athletes in U.S. history, winning five gold medals and a bronze.

Grant Cruikshank was a Hobey Baker nominee this past season. He led the Tigers with eight goals despite being limited to 16 games for a team that finished 4-17-2. He scored 11 goals in each of the two seasons before that and still has two years of eligibility remaining.

Huge. The Gophers are a top three title contender going into next season.

A smooth skating two-year NCHC captain. Five forward recruits that will all be NHL draft picks, including a potential top 10 pick. The best D unit in the country. The winner of the top goalie in the country award back for a fifth year.

Huge. The Gophers are a top three title contender going into next season.

A smooth skating two-year NCHC captain. Five forward recruits that will all be NHL draft picks, including a potential top 10 pick. The best D unit in the country. The winner of the top goalie in the country award back for a fifth year.
Yep if nobody else leaves we should lead the country in goals against and have 4 rock solid lines to rotate.

Is it known who, if anyone, is coming back for their Covid exception year besides LaFontaine?

Raanta leaving hurts a bit, but this helps soften the blow. Expecting big things from Mclaughlin next year, too.

Is it known who, if anyone, is coming back for their Covid exception year besides LaFontaine?

Raanta leaving hurts a bit, but this helps soften the blow. Expecting big things from Mclaughlin next year, too.
No other seniors coming back for 5th season.

No other seniors coming back for 5th season.
Ok. Thanks. Gophers have an extremely solid lineup in the works. I'm excited.

Basically now I'm waiting to see how many of Michigan's eleventeen first round picks leave early, if any. They could be a real force next season too. Wisconsin will likely be solid, but with Caufield gone there's no way they have a replacement for him, and he is what made them dangerous.

Ok. Thanks. Gophers have an extremely solid lineup in the works. I'm excited.

Basically now I'm waiting to see how many of Michigan's eleventeen first round picks leave early, if any. They could be a real force next season too. Wisconsin will likely be solid, but with Caufield gone there's no way they have a replacement for him, and he is what made them dangerous.
I think none, but Power will be the #1 overall pick. They will likely have 6 or 7 first round picks which I believe to be the most ever assembled in college hockey. And we're talking mostly top 10 and top 5 picks.

Minnesota and Michigan are the two favorites for a title going into next season.

Mother is 4 time gold medal winner Bonnie Blair. Father also Olympic speed skater. Let’s go.

Top Bottom