STrib: Bret Bielema's blues at Arkansas delight Badgers, Gophers fans

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Few things could unite Gophers and Badgers fans quite like seeing former Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema eat his words.

Bielema dominated the Gophers as Wisconsin’s head coach, going 7-0 in the rivalry, and infamously rubbed Tim Brewster’s nose in it five years ago, when he went for a two-point conversion with a 25-point lead. Two years later, Bielema jilted Badgers fans when he left for Arkansas.

http://www.startribune.com/college-...ansas-delight-badgers-gophers-fans/329318341/

Go Gophers!!

Man I hope they toss him in a year or so and Iowa picks him up...... ooooohhhhhh please!

Job in a week

Like it or not .... he would not be on the market very long and would have a good job.

The regional sports channel down here in NOLA broadcasts the weekly Bret Bielema coaches show. It has been must-see TV for me the last two weeks.

Like it or not .... he would not be on the market very long and would have a good job.

He could get a job, how good depends on how it ends in Arkansas. They looked really good (way better than their record) last year, this year it's a train wreck and Bert's talk isn't helping.

Brett Bielema: Living proof that what goes around indeed CAN come around.
A true grade AAA Jackwagon.

If there's one thing I will always give Brewster respect for its calling out Bert at mid field after the 2 point conversion.

The Aggies are going to put a beat down on that pig named Bret.

Man, I hope so. We're in a place of having nothing to lose or gain. For Bert, the Aggies are standing between him and his continued perk of all-you-can-eat at any Golden Corral in Arkansas. If pig loses again, there goes his literal gravy train. I really hope we don't overlook the desperation of this Arkansas team for a win.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Stack the box on defense. Break a weak attempt at a tackle on offense. Get in our secondary (which isn't hard) and you can run for days.

No one loses close games like Bret loses close games. NO ONE. 0-10 at Arkansas in games decided by fewer than 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Stack the box on defense. Break a weak attempt at a tackle on offense. Get in our secondary (which isn't hard) and you can run for days.

What is the consensus from Hog fans? Love him, hate him, rebuilding, quality individual who is creating something special, partying with the coo-eds?

If there's one thing I will always give Brewster respect for its calling out Bert at mid field after the 2 point conversion.

That actually made me more upset at Brewster. We had just lost (again) to our biggest rival, and our coach was throwing a tantrum because he thought his opponent was being mean. Still hate Bielema, but it seems like every year we lose to Wisconsin, and then complain about the class of their coach, players, or fans. We should beat them for a change, then we can showcase how we think winners should act. If the Sconnies are going to be poor sports, I'd rather have to deal with them being sore losers than sore winners.

I hope Ragnow is having fun.

The hogs promised him first class travel, and just about guaranteed him the NFL by playing in the SEC.

Why couldn't he stay home and play in front of his friends and family? If he is really good the NFL will fine him.

He would have been starting on the Gophers line now. We could sure use him.

Why couldn't he stay home and play in front of his friends and family? If he is really good the NFL will fine him.

Because he wanted to go to Arkansas? Because he knew he would play as a true frosh and start as a sophomore? Because he lived in Minnesota his whole life and wanted a new experience? Because his oline coach has had eight guys drafted since 2013? Because he loved the weather? Because he loved the facilities? Because he loved the business school?

Why did all the non Minnesotan Gophers pass up their opportunity to play in front of family and friends? Maybe they made the decision they thought was best for them?

I don't think either Wisconsin or Arkansas under Bulimia has converted a two-point play since that fateful afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I hope Ragnow is having fun.

He looked pretty sad in that StarTribune photo sitting by his TV. I think he knows he made a big mistake. He just got greedy when the Vikings asked him how much he wanted to be paid to continue being their mascot.

:) - Those with sarcasm radars down for maintenance: note the smiley face.

He looked pretty sad in that StarTribune photo sitting by his TV. I think he knows he made a big mistake. He just got greedy when the Vikings asked him how much he wanted to be paid to continue being their mascot.

tyu.gif

Top Bottom