STrib: Big Ten goals are there for Gophers to grab, if they can reach them

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

The Gophers have been in this November position before, as recently as two years ago. In 2019, they started the month with a bang in a field-storming, 31-26 triumph over No. 5 Penn State in a matchup of unbeatens. A week later, however, Minnesota got off to a horrible start in a 23-19 loss at Iowa. Two weeks after that, Wisconsin won Paul Bunyan's Axe, 38-17 at TCF Bank Stadium, and took the West title via the head-to-head tiebreaker.

This year's veteran-laden Gophers team will use that experience as both knowledge and fuel.

"We have a lot of guys who were on that team and know how close we were to reaching that vision of being able to play in the Big Ten Championship Game and an opportunity to go to the Rose Bowl," quarterback Tanner Morgan said. "Just understanding that literally it just comes down to the details every single Saturday, finding ways and opportunities to win."

Go Gophers!!

I'm against the Gophers going to the Rose Bowl. Do you realize how many have said "I hope the Gophers go to the Rose Bowl before I die." Can you imagine how the massive the obit pages will be after Jan 1st.

If I am not mistaken the Rose Bowl is part of the playoffs this year. We won’t be going to the Rose Bowl

It's available to the Gophers if they win the B1G title game.
Thanks for the update. I thought it was out of play this year because of playoffs. Glad I was mistaken

Thanks for the update. I thought it was out of play this year because of playoffs. Glad I was mistaken
If we were to lose in the B1G title game and 10-3, we might get in the Rose Bowl, otherwise the 2nd place team in the East might get the bid.

I'm against the Gophers going to the Rose Bowl. Do you realize how many have said "I hope the Gophers go to the Rose Bowl before I die." Can you imagine how the massive the obit pages will be after Jan 1st.
But each obit will read "he died as he dreamed he would"

But has Morgan turned the corner?

Reactions: Go4

If I am not mistaken the Rose Bowl is part of the playoffs this year. We won’t be going to the Rose Bowl
The semifinals are the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl this year.

So the presumption is the winner of the West will lose to tOSU in the BIG title game.
Then tOSU is invited to the Final Four and as a consolation prize the winner of the West goes to the Rose Bowl.
Is that how WI got to the Rose Bowl in 2019?

So the presumption is the winner of the West will lose to tOSU in the BIG title game.
Then tOSU is invited to the Final Four and as a consolation prize the winner of the West goes to the Rose Bowl.
Is that how WI got to the Rose Bowl in 2019?
The next highest rated B1G team goes to the Rose Bowl. Wisconsin filled that slot being ranked 8th in the final CFP poll in 2019, but it is not guaranteed that the winner of the west is also the next highest rated team.

The next highest rated B1G team goes to the Rose Bowl. Wisconsin filled that slot being ranked 8th in the final CFP poll in 2019, but it is not guaranteed that the winner of the west is also the next highest rated team.
Exactly. You could have the MSU/OSU loser with only 1 conference loss. Assuming it's MSU, it would be their only loss on the season, likely leaving them ranked in the top 10. No way the West winner would be ranked that high with a minimum of 3 losses if they lose the B1G championship. Best for the West is OSU winning out and really thumping both Mich and MSU with the latter also losing to one or both of PU and PSU. You really want OSU to run away with the East.

Top Bottom