STrib: Ben Utecht trains to be Superman in struggles with memory loss

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CJ:

Q: If you were the NFL commissioner what hits would be game ejectors?

A: I think they’ve already put the rules in places; when you lead with your head and when you’re actually striking to injure a person above the shoulders. I think that is definitely move that needs to be a game ejector.

Q: Do you think the NFL is doing enough? Why aren’t players immediately kicked out of the game when that happens? It shouldn’t be just a penalty; players should be gone, salary deducted. Wouldn’t that send a message?

A: I agree with you the NFL needs to continue to do more, and I think the more we learn from the research that they are doing, those answers are going to come but more needs to be done for the brain health of players.

Q: When you played with the Colts did you ever pull a prank on Peyton Manning?

A: [Laughter] You know what? Peyton pulled a prank on me one time. It was him and Brandon Stokley. We were in training camp. At the end of the night, we were just about to go to sleep. The coaches usually came around to check on us. I heard this knock on the door, and thought, “Oh, it’s my coach.” I’m going to go let him in. So I go to open the door and leaning up against my door was a full, must have been four- or five-gallon trash can full of water, just dumped all in the room, all over the floor. And I just heard two people laughing down this hallway, Peyton Manning and Brandon Stokley. It was just a big ordeal but that’s just one of the things you find in the locker room; a group of guys who all get along and have fun with each other.

http://www.startribune.com/c-j-2006...rman-in-struggles-with-memory-loss/306309151/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom