STrib article on future Gopher Mitch Leidner: Already a winner

Really a great, short article.

Once again, thanks for posting Bleed.

I know its all about Mitch, but his Coach. Larry Thompson is an icon, a top 10 High School coach. He had a powerhouse at Lakeville till they split, opening the door for Eden Praire. He built Lakeville South from the ground up.

At the end of the article is still shows Andre McDonald as a MN commit.

I could only hope that this was the case.

I know its all about Mitch, but his Coach. Larry Thompson is an icon, a top 10 High School coach. He had a powerhouse at Lakeville till they split, opening the door for Eden Praire. He built Lakeville South from the ground up.

Larry Thompson has bad to mediocre seasons until a year of talent falls in his lap. He won a state tile in 1992 right before moving up to the next section (1AAAA at the time?) then did nothing until 2003 when he had an ultra talented senior class hit. How do I know? I was class of 2003 at Lakeville and I watched them win it from my freshman dorm room. The year previous the team was mediocre. Eden Prairie had already been and continued to be a power before and after that year. Lakeville HS didn't split until 2006, when they were state runner-ups.

If you can find his coaching records by year I think you'll see he's not that great of a coach, he only wins when he has extreme talent.

Larry Thompson has bad to mediocre seasons until a year of talent falls in his lap. He won a state tile in 1992 right before moving up to the next section (1AAAA at the time?) then did nothing until 2003 when he had an ultra talented senior class hit. How do I know? I was class of 2003 at Lakeville and I watched them win it from my freshman dorm room. The year previous the team was mediocre. Eden Prairie had already been and continued to be a power before and after that year. Lakeville HS didn't split until 2006, when they were state runner-ups.

If you can find his coaching records by year I think you'll see he's not that great of a coach, he only wins when he has extreme talent.

I don't know if he is, or is NOT a good football coach. I do know Eden Prairie had the door open well before Lakeville split into two schools.

Mitch looked real pedestrian tonight. Something like 11-24 for about 160 yards. 85 of the yards came on 2 busted coverages where I could have made the throw.

He had a couple of rushing TD's as well though.

I see DE or TE in his near future. Struggles reading coverage. Can't make throws when being pressured.

Nothing wrong with loading up on some athletic QB's in each class. They'll turn into good WR's, TE's, safety's etc...

Top Bottom