Streveler!

My first thought was "Streveler's in." My second thought after I watched a few plays was "Limegrover has taken over as the Jets' OC."

He looked good though. Tough guy. I think he'll stick around a few more years. Good third-string QB who can be a gadget guy.

Streveler makes $200K, but that Zach Wilson with $35M guaranteed, will he ever play again?

Streveler makes $200K, but that Zach Wilson with $35M guaranteed, will he ever play again?
guy had bust written all over him coming out of college. Unsure why he got any of the hype he did but glad to see the Jets continue to fall on their face taking QBs

Leidner was Jerry’s undoing. Time and truth walk hand in hand.

I think Streveler makes at least $965K. The CBA says that's the minimum for a player with 3 years of service time. Not bad for carrying a Surface Tablet.
He was only recently added to the active roster due to Mike White’s injury, correct?

I think Streveler makes at least $965K. The CBA says that's the minimum for a player with 3 years of service time. Not bad for carrying a Surface Tablet.
I think he makes between $15-20,000 per week on reserve squad, a three year guy on active squad makes $895K a year, or about $50K a week (most players get paid for 18 weeks). You get paid prorated to which squad you are on. A lot of math going on here...

I think he makes between $15-20,000 per week on reserve squad, a three year guy on active squad makes $895K a year, or about $50K a week (most players get paid for 18 weeks). You get paid prorated to which squad you are on. A lot of math going on here...

Thanks. I wasn't aware he was on practice squad for most of the season. Jets should make him a permanent part of the active roster!

This the reason I say Coaches get far too much credit... This is why I think practice is great but game time play is better for telling if someone can play or not. I always go back to Jerry Kill and his ridiculous game plan of not even giving Streveler any chance to pass at all. And all the passing chances were obvious passing chances, which limited his ability for success. Streveler transfered, did decent... and has had a decent professional career... far out lasting any of the QBs we had on the roster during his time here. And we keep saying the coaches know what they are doing... pshhhhh.

Post of the day
Liedner. Best qb in gopher history. I still have nightmares and cunvulsions because of his horrible talent. Jerry lying fraudulent kill was so right strevlar had way to small of hands to throw the ball or grasp the ball.

It was great seeing Strevs out there. He's still got the same set of wheels he's always had, and he somehow managed to inject some life into what had been just a beyond moribund offense. At whatever rate he's getting paid, he's getting paid to do what he loves most, so kudos to him. Hopefully he'll be able to carve out a career as a capable NFL backup, as that is one tough gig to top. :)

RE: Zach Wilson, I don't know, man. It seems like some people are trying to retroactively paint it as if he were just some kind of a joke pick (or a predetermined bust) at #2, like he wasn't worthy of that high a selection, which can obviously be debated as he's a little on the short side amongst other issues, but he was not some kind of completely unwarranted pick nor did he in anyway come in from out of left field as an NFL prospect. The reason he was evaluated so highly and that scouts went so crazy over him is because of the arm talent, and that's still there. You can see it every game, and some games much more than others. Every game he will make 'WOW' throws that will leave you in disbelief, not because they're shitty, but in the sense of "Are you f*cking kidding me?!?!? How in the fock did he just fit that ball in there?????" He's ready, willing, and able to use multiple angles to deliver the ball (he can throw it overhand, three-quarters, sidearm, underhand, hey, whatever works), and on arm talent alone, coming out of college his arm was rated as being potentially ("if it all clicks", "if he receives the proper support", "if everything works out for him", yadda yadda yadda) on par with those of Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers. That is no BS, and that's why he was such a tantalizing prospect coming out of school.

His problem (and it's a very big one at this point) is his processing ability, and what's going on between the ears. You can very clearly see it, in watching him. The game is still moving too fast for him, way too fast, and if his first read happens to be covered, he's cooked meat. As of yet, he's shown very little ability to accurately scan the field for that second read, or the third, or if nothing at all presents itself, to simply process that, throw the ball away and reset for the next down. That is the anchor that is dragging down his ship, and whether that's an issue that is able to be fixed, who knows? Some players (John Elway, Dan Fouts and Drew Bledsoe jump immediately to mind) have been able to move past that while others, no, and they're just relegated to the dustbin of football history.

My thought is, given the arm talent involved, it is certainly something worth exploring, particularly for a team that is currently settled at QB (and can thus afford to be patient IE, not rush him into duty before he's ready to play), and one that has an established history of being able to successfully develop quarterbacks (meaning: NOT the Jets).

If I owned a team and the Jets were really wanting to move on, I would absolutely give Z. Wilson a look. Very little downside there at this point, while the upside could be immense, if only he can reach his promise.

Streveler is in the wrong sport. He could be getting 11 million a year for hitting .199 in Minnesota!

Top Bottom