Streaking - post a streak/record that could be broken this year

Some guy

Reaction score
Minnesota has never beaten Purdue 5 times in a row

Iowa has never beaten us 8 times in a row (don't think about this one too hard, just believe)
It is kind of odd to simultaneously beat a team the most times ever in a row while losing to another the most times in a row ever

You’d think that wouldn’t happen at the same time

It is kind of odd to simultaneously beat a team the most times ever in a row while losing to another the most times in a row ever

Hmmm.....curiouser and curiouser......

I believe the record for most consecutive bowl victories while a member of the Big Ten conference is 5. Wisconsin from 2014-2018 and Minnesota from 2015-Present.

This year we keep the Axe and then take the record!

Note: Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I did a quick search and I'm going with it. Penn State and Nebraska had a couple long streaks before they joined. Doesn't count.

I believe the record for most consecutive bowl victories while a member of the Big Ten conference is 5. Wisconsin from 2014-2018 and Minnesota from 2015-Present.

This year we keep the Axe and then take the record!

Note: Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I did a quick search and I'm going with it. Penn State and Nebraska had a couple long streaks before they joined. Doesn't count.
While obviously the 2020 season doesn't count, I don't think you can just "ignore" the 2017 in that we weren't even good enough to qualify for a bowl game.

I would say 2018, 19, and 21 are three in a row under Fleck, and I can definitely see him getting to six in a row in 22, 23, and 24!

While obviously the 2020 season doesn't count, I don't think you can just "ignore" the 2017 in that we weren't even good enough to qualify for a bowl game.

I would say 2018, 19, and 21 are three in a row under Fleck, and I can definitely see him getting to six in a row in 22, 23, and 24!
Victories in bowl games
Not bowl victories in conservative years

Especially considering how frequently Purdue has beaten Iowa in that time frame.

Its been 29 years since the Gophers beat Wisconsin twice in a row.

Its been 29 years since the Gophers beat Wisconsin twice in a row.
The last 40 seasons, we've won 11 games total against Iowa. Won 3 in a row once, and a couple 2 in a rows.
The last 40 seasons, we've won 12 games total against Wisconsin.

We won 8 out of 11 between 1984 and 1994. This includes your mentioned last time of winning two in a row (1993 and 1994). We won 4, lost 1, won 2, lost 2, won 2.

But between 1995 and 2021, we've only won 4 out of 27, with each being only a single win.

I'm not sure which is worse, over the last 40. The Iowa wins were one less, but a bit more "spread out" while the latest domination by the opponent has "only" been the last 7 games. With Wisconsin, we had some great success (cue Borat), and then it has just been abysmal save for a couple recent bright spots.

Minnesota owns all 5 rivalry trophies to end a season
Good one, but I don't think we can get the Jug this season unless somehow we faced Michigan in Indy and they decided to stake the Jug even though it's been said it wouldn't for postseason games.

If the Gophers manage to score against New Mexico State, they will have gone 80 games in a row with scoring at least one point.

Good one, but I don't think we can get the Jug this season unless somehow we faced Michigan in Indy and they decided to stake the Jug even though it's been said it wouldn't for postseason games.
I've read this claim about no trophy games in the B1G title game -- but I've never seen an attribution. Do you know who's said it wouldn't be on the line?

If the Gophers manage to score against New Mexico State, they will have gone 80 games in a row with scoring at least one point.
We got shutout twice to end the 2017 season. To which 80 games are you referring?

Top Bottom