Strack: Gophers Have a New Three-Headed Monster at Running Back

Irving will 100% go beyond 4 games since he is apparently the primary kick returner as well. Probably remains to be seen with Thomas but if Williams/Wiley keep struggling I don't see them keeping Thomas back if they feel he can be the #3 option.
Thomas gets the extra covid year, right? I would think he is the most likely to play beyond 4 games.

Thomas gets the extra covid year, right? I would think he is the most likely to play beyond 4 games.

It'll be interesting to see how things are handled, but I think Fleck is going to hold everyone close to their original 4-5 years. I think that makes it easier to recruit, unless rosters are permanently expanded. Thomas is listed as a RS FR on the roster.

I noticed a couple times, after a fine run by Bucko he laid the ball on the ground (I'm sure out of habit). Guess who was right there, none other than Tanner Morgan to remind him to pick up that ball and hand it to the ref. Talk about a real leader. Would be great to have him back as a coach some day...

I noticed a couple times, after a fine run by Bucko he laid the ball on the ground (I'm sure out of habit). Guess who was right there, none other than Tanner Morgan to remind him to pick up that ball and hand it to the ref. Talk about a real leader. Would be great to have him back as a coach some day...
I saw Fleck greet him coming off the field after a good run and talked to him as well. Couldn't figure out why at the time as the run seemed fine...

Anybody notice after one of Wright's big gains (caught cutting across the middle and had a nice run after the catch) that CAB went right over to him and looked like he was 'teaching' him, as if Wright committed a no-no? Wasn't sure what that was all about, but I chalk it up to this being a player lead team and leaders step in when they see something needs to be addressed.

Anybody notice after one of Wright's big gains (caught cutting across the middle and had a nice run after the catch) that CAB went right over to him and looked like he was 'teaching' him, as if Wright committed a no-no? Wasn't sure what that was all about, but I chalk it up to this being a player lead team and leaders step in when they see something needs to be addressed.
Yeah, I noticed that. Seemed like Wright was jawing with the DB and CAB got in there right away to restrain him.

Do we think that Irving and Thomas both will play more than 4 games this year and burn the red shirt? This is assuming nobody else goes down with injury.
If it is working and we are winning, they go the whole season.

Top Bottom