Stoudermire

ncgo4

Reaction score
What a good move to put him on the D side of the ball. A very good gamecdespite getting beaten on one of the quick slant TD's. He could be a real big factor next year.

I understand that he was needed on the offensive side of the ball when when he was put there, but I think it's pretty clear his football instincts are more suited for defense.

First, huge hit to force the fumble.

Second, give the kid credit for willingly going over to defense; there are egos out there which wouldn't be happy about making the move.

I understand that he was needed on the offensive side of the ball when when he was put there, but I think it's pretty clear his football instincts are more suited for defense.

From an athletic stand point he is the definition of a corner. His hips are very fluid, and he plays with aggression. I can't believe he spent all that time at receiver, and I'm not sure they even tried him at corner. I'm sure brewster saw him with the ball in his hands and was all "we gotta get this kid some touches, he's got home run ability." He plays real physically and has no problem handling receivers at the line. With a winter, spring, and summer at CB he will be the best corner on the team next year.

From an athletic stand point he is the definition of a corner. His hips are very fluid, and he plays with aggression. I can't believe he spent all that time at receiver, and I'm not sure they even tried him at corner. I'm sure brewster saw him with the ball in his hands and was all "we gotta get this kid some touches, he's got home run ability." He plays real physically and has no problem handling receivers at the line. With a winter, spring, and summer at CB he will be the best corner on the team next year.

I thought he spent some time in the defensive backfield his freshman year, but I could easily be wrong. I agree that Brewster saw his kick return ability and thought it would automatically translate to production at wide receiver. I always thought he looked lost at wide receiver. Ran sloppy routes and couldn't catch the ball consistently. No question the kid is a great football player though. Just has to find a position.

He's got a little Lester Hayes to him, but he needs to keep himself in check.

Props to Stoudemire today, he made some big plays. Every game since he has been on D he has made plays. He has been burned a few times but Im happy with his play.

Second, give the kid credit for willingly going over to defense; there are egos out there which wouldn't be happy about making the move.

I think that he demanded the move, it was really not Brew's choice (he had left the team). I also think that he was at leas 12 yards off of McNutt when he caught the slant for the IA go ahead TD. He cannot play that far off in the redzone. That being said - he is a playmaker and I am glad to have him. He will be much better next year. SKI U MAH!!

"willingly"? He was kicked off the team & only allowed back on if he'd move to the defensive side of the ball.

I think of him as our Lawrence Westbrook. A hot tempered, bull headed player who's good, but not quite as good as he thinks he is. That said, he is good, he's very tough, he's ballsy & brings an edge to the secondary that we need. I expect him to be a solid corner next season, but not an All-Big 10 type player.

He got beat today quite a few times. But all his mistakes were aggressive mistakes, whereas he just looked lost on offense.

Plus he sticks his nose in there. That indicates he belongs on the real side of the ball. Offense is for pansies. :cool02:

At the time he was moved to WR, there was a very definite need...but I do agree his temperment seems better suited for DB

I think that he demanded the move, it was really not Brew's choice (he had left the team). I also think that he was at leas 12 yards off of McNutt when he caught the slant for the IA go ahead TD. He cannot play that far off in the redzone. That being said - he is a playmaker and I am glad to have him. He will be much better next year. SKI U MAH!!

This is a result of scheme and playcall, not player ability or awareness. Cosgrove is far too relaxed with his corners alignment presnap putting them at a huge disadvantage against most quick passes. You would think that he would realize that you can't have your corners 10 yards off with the opponent on the 12.

This is a result of scheme and playcall, not player ability or awareness. Cosgrove is far too relaxed with his corners alignment presnap putting them at a huge disadvantage against most quick passes. You would think that he would realize that you can't have your corners 10 yards off with the opponent on the 12.

And that absolutely killed us against Northwestern this year. Persa just played pitch-and-catch with his athletically-limited WRs. If there was ever a team to play press coverage against, it was the Wildcats.

This

Cosgrove is known for this in his schemes. Troy has given up big plays. Big plays are a result of being inconsistent. Inconsistency can be from many things, but experience is a major factor. TS doesn't have a lot of experience at corner.

Top Bottom