Stoudermire lone Gopher on ESPN.com Preseason All-Big Ten team

Hey, that's only one less than Ohio State. :)

Does Lair not get any love because he was on a 3-9 team last year? His stats outside of touchdowns are better than Reed. Is it the touchdowns? What the hell is it?!

Does Lair not get any love because he was on a 3-9 team last year? His stats outside of touchdowns are better than Reed. Is it the touchdowns? What the hell is it?!

I think it's the upside. Not sure how much upside Lair has.. and Reed is a very impressive TE (I heard he's pretty damn fast, too).

Dave Revsine had the following to say via Twitter tonight. Something tells me Lair wouldn't head up his all conference team...

"Herman got me thinking how good B1G TE's are - Wilson,Bolser,Koger,Linthicum,Reed,Dunsomore,Stoneburner. Who do u think will be best in '11?"

If I had to pick one Gopher, I'd probably go with Stoudemire too. We haven't seen a ton, but from what we have seen, and what I've heard about practices this season, he has the potential to be one of those out-of-nowhere natural talents at corner to go along with his proven special teams skills.

Kyler Reed is very fast with great hands who can really stretch the field and is a nightmare matchup for a LB to cover. Lair is very good but not as dynamic a playmaker.

That's fair for the Gophers for a pre season forecast isn't it? First team is hard but we got candidates to become All Big Ten at seasons end I think. Gray, Bennett, McKnight, Lair, Rallis, Tinsley, Beal, Royston and Stoudermire all got a shot don't they? Not suggesting we have 9 of the 22 spots...just I think any one of the 9 could become All Big Ten first team.
I do realize we could end up with nobody just to be clear.

No way? We got others? Whatta ya think?

Makes sense for a pre-season team. If it was an all upside or potential team, I think we would have more than one Gopher on the squad. I think we are going to surprise many people this year. Then again that's my glass half full view of the team.

This would be an interesting GopherHole poll question....I think I would go with McKnight (assuming that knee is a non issue)

Top Bottom