Stories the past week

gopherpride32

Reaction score
Looking back to last Monday when Tubby was fired, it is worth note that "news" brought forth by "sources" that was leaked each day. Interesting to look at.

11:35am on Monday--Tubby fired
Tuesday--Was filled with GopherHolers and media guys trying to decipher whats going on
7:09pm on Wednesday--Shaka signs extension with VCU
4:55pm on Thursday--Hoiberg "has" job if he wants it. Later that night he signs extension with Iowa State.
12:25pm on Friday--Flip is reportedly the leading candidate for the gig.
2:04pm on Saturday--Flip turns down the Gophers
Easter Sunday--A day off from the Gopher coaching search.

Look for the action to pick back up tomorrow. Seems to be one big thing a day. Hopefully at some point, a coach is hired and we don't have to anxiously refresh our GopherHole or Twitter page.

April Fool's Day tomorrow...I may have to avoid all forms of electronic media to keep from going mad.

No doubt people will have a field day tomorrow tossing around fake info (not that they haven't been doing it already). I like the summary of the OP basically that is all the concrete info that is out there. The rest seems to be wild speculation as to exactly what is going on. Going to be an interesting week, I am still holding onto hope that they will make a quality hire and am not ready to go into panic mode like many on this board have already done.

Tomorrow ought to be a blast with all of the penny ante amateurish April Fools stories. But not to worry, I have an extra pack of Depends to help me get through the day.

Tomorrow ought to be a blast with all of the penny ante amateurish April Fools stories. But not to worry, I have an extra pack of Depends to help me get through the day.

Are you saying you've heard they're rehiring Tubby?

Even though Norwood has nothing to show for his efforts so far, I want to say that the GopherHole has had an extraordinary run of accomplishment in the last week including the epic thread to end all threads. We really bring home the bacon. We get the job done.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Once a new coach is announced..........then what are we going to do?

In bold are my reactions to our timeline. Gopherpride - great job on the timeline.
11:35am on Monday--Tubby fired I couldn't have been any happier. I was thinking Shaka or Flip, Flip or Shaka...
Tuesday--Was filled with GopherHolers and media guys trying to decipher whats going on Could we really have a chance at Shaka?
7:09pm on Wednesday--Shaka signs extension with VCU Dang, wishful thinking, but he must be really happy at VCU.
4:55pm on Thursday--Hoiberg "has" job if he wants it. Later that night he signs extension with Iowa State. Yuck, I like Hoiberg, but he doesn't bring anything that Flip doesn't bring besides 600 days of expierience
12:25pm on Friday--Flip is reportedly the leading candidate for the gig. What? Could it really be? YES!!!!
2:04pm on Saturday--Flip turns down the Gophers My excitement turns to sadness and sulk around the house
Easter Sunday--A day off from the Gopher coaching search. I spend easter at the in-laws, but constantly am checking Twitter under the table. Spend my Sunday morning praying in church that Norwood and Flip have mended fences

Top Bottom