Stick a fork in Charlie

mesothelioma

Reaction score
he's done at ND. I'll be shocked if Charlie Weis survives this season at ND. Time for those deep pocketed boosters to lure another high profile coach to South Bend.

Heavenly Father, please deliver us from bondage by bringing thy servant Kirk Ferentz to South Bend.

You think if you stuck a fork in him that he would take a bite?

Here's the thing with Weis: He has MUCH better talent at ND than Brewster has at Minnesota. That's a fact that most people can agree on. So here we sit at 6-6. Meanwhile, the Fighting Irish and all their 4 and 5-star players are sitting at 6-5.

Seeing as how that's the case, I'm not really convinced that he could do a good job at a program like Minnesota.

Here's the thing with Weis: He has MUCH better talent at ND than Brewster has at Minnesota. That's a fact that most people can agree on. So here we sit at 6-6. Meanwhile, the Fighting Irish and all their 4 and 5-star players are sitting at 6-5.

Seeing as how that's the case, I'm not really convinced that he could do a good job at a program like Minnesota.

I agree...Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate & He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken & you manage to only win 6 games? Slap yo'self.......

Amen to that thought. I've never been that much of an advocate of bringing pro assistants into running college programs and maybe that has what has happened with Weis at Notre Dame. Pro players practice so much during the off-season and watch film all week long, making the process so much different.

And Notre Dame has to play Stanford next, so 6-6 is likely for them. They have no defense. He's gone for sure. Wonder if they could lure Barry Alvarez (former DC there) back in to coaching?

Barry is more in love being in control of everything at UW then being a football coach again. Coaching got old for him, socializing is his passion.

Bob Davie was on the radio and they were discussing the fact that after last week Weiss has the same record as Davie and Willingham had when they were fired. The biggest difference though is that Weiss begged and whined for the administration to lower the standards for athletes and they were so desperate that they did. So basically the argument for the tougher academic standards for in coming players doesn't apply to Weiss where it did for Davie and Willingham.

Top Bottom