Stewart Mandel

Paging Coach Fleck! This is bulletin board material for the Illinois championship week…

I mean.. he's not wrong.. there's no way we should be in the top25. If that BG game didn't happen the way it did, sure.
But ya'll are trippin if you think we belong in the top25, much less top20

The committee is horrible ...

But I'm at a loss as to what this guy's problem is.

Are there a bunch of teams with better resumes who are demanding the coveted 20 spot?

Hey Stew, Maybe watch back the Gophers film from the last month and you'll change your mind.

This TD pass from Tanner to MBS should be enough to change your mind.

You could make this argument about a number of teams.

How is Kentucky in the Top 20 when their best win is against a Florida team who is 4-4 (and 2-4 in conference)? At least we beat a Purdue team on the road that has a winning record in the conference.
Yeah. It’s not like the gophers don’t have the 20th best resume. It is that he has overinflated opinions of other peoples resumes

this just in…the following teams are no better (or worse) than Maryland or Purdue:

Iowa state
Miami
Florida
Florida state
Clemson
North Carolina
USC
Indiana
Washington
Texas

If your resume is pointing to a win over one of these teams as a quality win…it means your resume is no better than the gophers if you have two losses

Stewart Mandel? More like Stewart Mandink, amiright?

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week.

Seriously though, as was stated above you could make this case about a bunch of teams at the lower end of the rankings. Would he have MN unranked? If so, which unranked teams does he think would beat MN?

Complaining about the teams in the West? From a Northwestern alum?

C'mon Stew I remember when you didn't obsess over Bama and Clemson. You used to be cool, bro.

Complaining about the teams in the West? From a Northwestern alum?

C'mon Stew I remember when you didn't obsess over Bama and Clemson. You used to be cool, bro.

I think Stew is still bitter about when he went out on a limb (when he worked at SI) and predicted Minnesota to win the Big Ten in the early 2000s (I wanna say it was 2003).

I think Stew is still bitter about when he went out on a limb (when he worked at SI) and predicted Minnesota to win the Big Ten in the early 2000s (I wanna say it was 2003).
Ooof, that's rough.

Who is this Stewart Dinkdel, anyway?
200.gif

I'd have us 25-26, Mandel should've offered where he thought we should land.

Like it or not - for the National media - The Gophers are still the team that lost to Bowling Green after being a 31-point favorite.

It really doesn't matter what they did before that game or what they've done since that game. The Gophers lost to Bowling Green.

it's like a really hot chick with a weird tooth or some strange birthmark - you focus in on the blemish and don't see the rest of her, no matter how attractive those other parts may be.

Like it or not - for the National media - The Gophers are still the team that lost to Bowling Green after being a 31-point favorite.

It really doesn't matter what they did before that game or what they've done since that game. The Gophers lost to Bowling Green.

it's like a really hot chick with a weird tooth or some strange birthmark - you focus in on the blemish and don't see the rest of her, no matter how attractive those other parts may be.

Be interested to see if that logic applies to #4 Oregon losing to a 3-5 Stanford team.

You could make the argument that a team like Minnesota has better opportunities left on the schedule (Iowa, Wisconsin and potential BTT game) to overcome the BG loss than Oregon has left to impress in an ATROCIOUSLY weak Pac 12 (even with a conference title game to help).

Some teams have already had their best win at this point in the year and holding serve isn't going to do much to improve their perception. Oregon is probably the most vulnerable of any highly ranked team with Notre Dame being right there with them.

Even Wake Forest still has at least a ranked game or two left.

I mean.. he's not wrong.. there's no way we should be in the top25. If that BG game didn't happen the way it did, sure.
But ya'll are trippin if you think we belong in the top25, much less top20

Hey, Dinkwart Mandinkel — is that you?

Here's what Mandel posted way back..on Halloween. Still could be surprised about the Gophers present ranking, but it certainly was a lot more praiseworthy;

"20. Finally, a shoutout to the Minnesota Golden Gophers, who, like most of you, I’d written off for the season after their inexplicable Week 4 loss to 31-point underdog Bowling Green. It’s proven to be a complete aberration, as Minnesota (6-2, 3-1) has since rolled off four consecutive wins and is now in first place in the Big Ten West."

Here's what Mandel posted way back..on Halloween. Still could be surprised about the Gophers present ranking, but it certainly was a lot more praiseworthy;

"20. Finally, a shoutout to the Minnesota Golden Gophers, who, like most of you, I’d written off for the season after their inexplicable Week 4 loss to 31-point underdog Bowling Green. It’s proven to be a complete aberration, as Minnesota (6-2, 3-1) has since rolled off four consecutive wins and is now in first place in the Big Ten West."
Yeah, that was posted here. So what was the deal with this new tweet? I don't get it.

Well said, SON.

Odd 180. "It's proven to be a complete aberration". Right. The game that everyone wants to throw at the team as proof that they can't possibly be good. It's was an aberration....onw that quite frankly....kept Minnesota from being 7-1 and quite a bit higher. So to strike now makes no sense. Clickbait?

Here's the pattern:

Some games are very important (losses); others are completely meaningless (wins).

Top Bottom