Steve Levy is horrible on Monday Night Football

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I understand ESPN hasn't given a crap about providing quality announcers on Monday Night Football for quite some time, but Steve Levy is the absolute worst they could have found.

I simply am not going to watch a game that has him announcing.

He's unbearable.

I simply can't bear to listen to him.

ESPN has been a dumpster fire for a number of years now. They've consciously made the choices that have put them down this path. There are plenty of other ways to get the football fix, or any other sport you're looking for.

Louis Riddick deserves better, he at least seems to have it on the ball, what little I've heard of that crap group.

I need to give the Manning alternative a better look. Heard mostly good things about that up to this point.

I understand ESPN hasn't given a crap about providing quality announcers on Monday Night Football for quite some time, but Steve Levy is the absolute worst they could have found.

I simply am not going to watch a game that has him announcing.

He's unbearable.

I simply can't bear to listen to him.
You can give Peyton and Eli a try on ESPN2. Personally, I find it distracting after more than 2-3 minutes if I'm actually trying to watch the game, but a lot of people seem to like it.

You can give Peyton and Eli a try on ESPN2. Personally, I find it distracting after more than 2-3 minutes if I'm actually trying to watch the game, but a lot of people seem to like it.
It wasn't an option this last week.
They are only on for so many weeks during the year.

Far better.

Remember when MNF used to be a big deal? Now it seems like more often than not, they just cater to the big media markets and you get a meaningless Jets-Redskins game. I watch almost every SNF game, but rarely if ever watch MNF. It just seems like an afterthought at this point. The stream of terrible people ESPN has thrown at it just makes it seem like a total clown show.

They basically ran Joe Tessitore off MNF. Personally, I like Joe Tess as a boxing announcer. he does a lot of the Top Rank shows on ESPN and ESPN+

Remember when MNF used to be a big deal? Now it seems like more often than not, they just cater to the big media markets and you get a meaningless Jets-Redskins game. I watch almost every SNF game, but rarely if ever watch MNF. It just seems like an afterthought at this point. The stream of terrible people ESPN has thrown at it just makes it seem like a total clown show.
Strangely enough, the Thursday night games so far this year have been very questionable in terms of actual game/teams, and yet the ratings have been very, very good. From what I heard, fantastic ratings last week for Jax-Cincinnati. Seriously.

I wouldn't watch them during a Vikings game but for everything else, it's entertaining.

I like to turn the volume down for random football games. I find most announcers pretty annoying. Kevin Harlan and Gus Johnson are pretty good. Collinsworth drives me nuts!

Collinsworth can be a little annoying with his player worship, but the guy knows football. He can break a play down immediately and spot the key parts flawlessly. If you listen closely to him, you will learn the game’s intricacies.

This morning Meatsauce was talking to someone and he was spewing how he thought the MNF crew was really good and ESPN got it right this time.
He must have been talking to someone who works at ESPN because he was raving about it.

I'd normally be watching this game but since Levy is the only option, I am not watching the game.
He's awful.

Tessitore was far better than Levy, but he got thrown out with the Booger bathwater.

The best crew was 20 years or so ago on SNF with Theisman and the gang.

PA likes to finish his ads with a dot commmmmmmmmmm. Now Meatsauce does it and it a runny pile imitation.

What size is yer head? Best kfan fan in the stand question of 2021. Nordo had to talk him off the ledge.

the MNF broadcast of the Bears-Vikes game was interesting. I got the distinct feeling that the announcers knew the game was a dog, but they have to be careful not to rip the all-mightly NFL.

But, it was the first game I can remember seeing where the announcers were eating pizza live on the air during the broadcast. then some guy said "we might need something to wash this down," and someone else replied, "maybe an Old Style." that might have been the highlight of the broadcast.

Top Bottom