Startribune: Plenty of good seats available: Gophers' bowl ticket sales lagging

That is extremely odd. Why would the university be given such awful seats to sell? Especially at these prices. Pretty crumby that you can get far better seats locally at a third of the price.

I'd think that most of the 25,000 Season tickets were in the best seats. The Houston Texans manage the game and offer some kind of deal to their Season Tickets holders I think. That would also be part of the reason that so many of the "aftermarket" tickets are so good.

About the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas
The Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas has been a tremendous success both on and off the field over its first five years. The bowl has generated an average of $29 million per year for the Houston economy and has over 25,000 season ticket holders. The game has averaged more than 63,000 fans in its six-year history, including a crowd of 68,395 for last year’s game between Texas A&M and Northwestern. Away from the field, the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas has donated nearly $500,000 to date and more than $10 million in promotional support and publicity to DePelchin Children’s Center, the Bowl’s official charitable beneficiary.

http://meinekecarcarebowloftexas.com/news/news_detail/new_gridiron_legends_announced

I'm guessing that even if your seats aren't great, you will be able to sit close to Gopher fans in seats that are good (don't think it will be close to a sell out).

With the availability of ticket sites such as Stub Hub, Ticket City, etc., there's really not much reason to buy tickets through the schools. Unless it's one of the elite bowl games, people needing game tickets can go to those sites and get better seats at dirt-cheap prices.

Top Bottom