Start Times Announced for Four Home Games

Actually not at the Bank.

2020 - Friday night prime game game. Push off?
2018 - 2:30 window on a glorious miserable day with my faith in Fleck wavering, they pounded the Boilers.
2016 - 2:30 window. Can't recall anything special about this one, but Gophers won 44-31.

The last 11am game was 2014. Santoso with the game winning boot.
I'm suprised, I would expect MN and Prudue would be a recipe for 11am / in less demand.

Seems the data shows that 11am and night are the times that people like to watch games.

I'm suprised, I would expect MN and Prudue would be a recipe for 11am / in less demand.
I'm not intrigued enough to track it, but my inclination is that petty much every week during the conference season, one of the last 2 choices from the TV partners is the 2:30 BTN game(s).

Keep in mind by that 2nd window there is additional competition with the West Coast for air time and attention.

speaking selfishly, I love the 2:30 games. you can run errands etc in the morning, grab some lunch, watch the game, and then, you still have the rest of the evening to do whatever.

11am is probably my least favored time.

for me, college FB has always meant Saturday afternoons. When I was in college (Augsburg), the MIAC games almost always kicked off at 1:00pm.

Seems the data shows that 11am and night are the times that people like to watch games.
On TV maybe. I like afternoon games if I'm going to the game...Also like night games if it's warm out.

On TV maybe. I like afternoon games if I'm going to the game...Also like night games if it's warm out.
I’m the opposite.
If I’m going to the game I prefer 11am or night window.

2;30 games occupy both your morning and night whether you want them to or not

On TV I love the 2:30 game. I can be late for the 11am game and I don’t care. I don’t have conflicts with the prime time games or my Saturday nights

Really... 8pm for the opener on a weeknight. Like NM State has a large enough fan base to warrant that later start. Good thing I took the day off after

Rutgers Oct 29 will probably be a night game as the traditional Halloween night at the Bank.

Really... 8pm for the opener on a weeknight. Like NM State has a large enough fan base to warrant that later start. Good thing I took the day off after
That’s kind of tradition at this point
2021 7pm
2019 8pm
2018 6pm
2017 6pm
2016 8pm
2015 8pm
2014 6pm
2013 6pm
2012 10pm (road game)

Since the onset of the Thursday night opener it is 50/50 being 6pm or 8pm or later

One random 7pm because it was a national network TV game

Rutgers Oct 29 will probably be a night game as the traditional Halloween night at the Bank.
I wouldn't bet on that. Going back to 2009, there have been four night games on Halloween/closest day to Halloween. One of them was vs. Indiana because it was a Friday game. The other 3 were MSU in 2009, OSU in 2010 and Michigan in 2015. All the others were day games.

And it also looks like Michigan/MSU and Ohio State/Penn State play on that weekend as well.

I wouldn't bet on that. Going back to 2009, there have been four night games on Halloween/closest day to Halloween. One of them was vs. Indiana because it was a Friday game. The other 3 were MSU in 2009, OSU in 2010 and Michigan in 2015. All the others were day games.

And it also looks like Michigan/MSU and Ohio State/Penn State play on that weekend as well.
Sounds pretty clearly like a big noon on fox for one, national tv on the ither

bTN night game for us

That’s kind of tradition at this point
2021 7pm
2019 8pm
2018 6pm
2017 6pm
2016 8pm
2015 8pm
2014 6pm
2013 6pm
2012 10pm (road game)

Since the onset of the Thursday night opener it is 50/50 being 6pm or 8pm or later

One random 7pm because it was a national network TV game
That’s interesting. Makes more sense now with opponent being in the west and it’s not national tv

Top Bottom