Standing Up On 3rd Downs

I'll flat-out say you are dead, dying, dead wrong. If the players on the field are looking up into the crowd before a play:

1) I don't want them on the field;
2) They should be benched on the next play until the game the next week;
3) They need to go back to elementary school and take a lesson on "paying attention to what is important".

Kill and Claeys would rip any player looking up into the crowd before any play a "new one".

They look up into the crowd after a play is over, and everyone has jumped up. You, like many here, are reading way, way too much into the standing part. It's 99% about being LOUD and 1% about standing...and I may have over-estimated the standing part.

Have you ever heard of peripheral vision?

I think you can be louder standing than sitting because, unless you're really trying while sitting, your diaphragm has more room to expand when standing up and you can take in more air.

It is all about luck or being a decent human being. If you are lucky enough to have seats in front of fans who don't care if you stand then by all means stand and cheer for the entire game if you want.

However, if you are unlucky enough to have seats in front of children, small people, old people, or curmudgeons who don't want to stand then as a decent human being you should sit your ass in your seat and cheer for the Gophers as loud as you can for as long as you can.

If we can't get this issue figured out then there is no hope for the world.

It is all about luck and/or being a decent human being. If you are lucky enough to have seats in front of fans who don't care if you stand then by all means stand for the entire game if you want.

However, if you are unlucky enough to have seats in front of children, old people, or curmudgeons who don't want to stand then as a decent human being you sit your ass in your seat an cheer for the Gophers as loud as you can.

This is why the last row of 243 will always be where my tickets are. Nothing but concrete behind me, and concrete don't care!

It is all about luck or being a decent human being. If you are lucky enough to have seats in front of fans who don't care if you stand then by all means stand for the entire game if you want.

However, if you are unlucky enough to have seats in front of children, small people, old people, or curmudgeons who don't want to stand then as a decent human being you should sit your ass in your seat and cheer for the Gophers as loud as you can for as long as you can.

If we can't get this issue figured out then there is no hope for the world.

Or offer to switch seats with them and stand behind them!

They don't have to see you. There's a reason that people stand when they sing rather than sit, you can put more energy behind it. The same thing applies for cheering.

Top Bottom