Stadium update: Big Ten Championships

year of the gopher

Section 117, Row 4
Reaction score
This has been discussed before, but it's now actually showing up tangibly.

The word "Big Ten Championships" now appear on the northeast corner of the stadium on the maroon (painted) concrete between the lower and upper level. It appears they are also preparing for National Champions to appear on the southeast corner.

That is awesome! That will add some visible tradition and pride!

But if they are painted on the stadium, how will they take them down when the Vikings take over the stadium the rest of the week?

Oh, wait, I forgot. :D:D:D

Yes I am being picky, but I want to see each year listed for our Big Ten Championships instead of the words '18 Big Ten Championships'.......I sure hope they do it that way. If not its all good.

Yes, it is finally coming together!!!

They are listening to us. Also, from is listed in the other venues they will list each championhip instead of the total.
It is going to be great with the signage and the flags and all of the maroon and gold. I can't wait until the 12th.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone grab a camera and get over there, we need some pics of this awesomeness.

Someone grab a camera and get over there, we need some pics of this awesomeness.

I'll be there Wednesday, I'll take a few pix.

So there isn't an app for that? You're iphone has zoom, you have to manually zoom on your screen. Very simple.

"zoom" is a bit misleading. It is "digital zoom" which essentially means blowing it up rather than actually zooming in with a lens. I doubt you would get a good picture from the gates 100 yards away on an iPhone.

Another question:

Are they going to have a "Ring-of-honor" type of thing? How cool would it be to see names like Bronco Nagurski, Bruce Smith, Paul Giel, Bernie Bierman, Murray Warmath, Bobby Bell, etc... wrapped around the stadium. That would be kick-ass.

So there isn't an app for that? You're iphone has zoom, you have to manually zoom on your screen. Very simple.

I just ran across one the other day and downloaded it, but there's no optical zoom on the iphone and the quality of the picture degrades rather quickly on digital zoom. When you're taking a picture of the closed end of the stadium from outside the open end, you need at least some optical zoom to have a decent pic.

Every time I see this thread at the top of the list I think to myself... "Hey, somebody has posted pictures". So far... nothing but buzz kills. Of course, I probably just killed someone else's buzz. :)

Every time I see this thread at the top of the list I think to myself... "Hey, somebody has posted pictures". So far... nothing but buzz kills. Of course, I probably just killed someone else's buzz. :)

That would be me. :)

Pics

Attached are pictures of progress of the Big Ten & National Champs signage that is going up.

The Big Ten Championships are in the northeast corner, National Championships are in the southeast corner.

Attachments

• bigtenchamps.jpg
    bigtenchamps.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 156
  • nationalchamps.jpg
    nationalchamps.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 149

I like it. It has some definition and depth as opposed to just being painted on there.

It looks to me (from those pictures, THANK YOU) that they will put the championship years after the text. That is good news. Another idea... they have the flag poles situated for the Big 10 Conference schools but perhaps it would be fun to add other flag poles along another part of the stadium rim to highlight bowl victories?

They are definitely going to have years listed on either side of those. They won't hang banners - they would get in the way. So the only thing left is to list out each year on either side of the letters.

Looks great!

Love it. Looks fantastic. Top notch.
They have also put maroon lettering up above the suites saying "University of Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium"

Love it. Looks fantastic. Top notch.
They have also put maroon lettering up above the suites saying "University of Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium"

Just in case anyone forgets and thinks to themselves "Metrodome, We Like It Here"

Attached are pictures of progress of the Big Ten & National Champs signage that is going up.

The Big Ten Championships are in the northeast corner, National Championships are in the southeast corner.

But wait we will need to take it down on Saturday night for the Vikes game on .... oops I forgot.

Looks great. SCCCHWWWIINNNNGG!!!

how cool is that

it really looks great. we officially have a "Big Boy" stadium. A ring of honor would be the icing on the cake.

umnhcky - you always come through on these kind of pics. THANK YOU! btw - i went over to a web site for camp randy because i wanted to see where in the stadium they listed becky badger's national championship football seasons, but i was not able to locate such a picture. can anyone help me out on that? it would be much appreciated!

umnhcky - you always come through on these kind of pics. THANK YOU! btw - i went over to a web site for camp randy because i wanted to see where in the stadium they listed becky badger's national championship football seasons, but i was not able to locate such a picture. can anyone help me out on that? it would be much appreciated!

I always love that one

Top Bottom