Stadium Trees Going in on Webcam 2!

Where are the pines? Maples take forever to grow.

TCF is shaping up!!!

The new hybrid maples are not slow growers. They actually grow very fast.

Maples will also look great in the Fall from a color perspective depending on the specific variety they got. I wouldn't be surprised to see some evergreen out on the plaza and in other areas.

somone mentioned in another thread that the north side of the plaza would have trees and landscape that resembled northen minnesota (pines), and the south side would resemble the southern part of the state.

somone mentioned in another thread that the north side of the plaza would have trees and landscape that resembled northen minnesota (pines), and the south side would resemble the southern part of the state.

I think it was either umnhcky or 16feet, which means that they were prob spot on.

Cool idea, can't wait to see those as they mature. I'm glad they didn't put in any crappy trees like Chinese Elms.

In the plaza, that's what is planned. I'm not sure what kind of trees they have planted around the stadium. Pics attached.

Attachments

• DSC00390.jpg
    DSC00390.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00391.jpg
    DSC00391.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00392.jpg
    DSC00392.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00393.jpg
    DSC00393.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 96

Maples in the fall

Maroon, to bad about the ash borer, but there is is your gold. If you want to know how those colors were chosen take a drive in the fall. In the farmland of southwestern Minnesota you have the gold From the corn and soybeans and the stands of Oaks, Ash and Maple and the summac or along the roadside If you head up north in the fall Maroon and Gold is everywhere. This is Minnesota.

Slow growth? That is a myth. Most trees take a year or three to establish roots and if given deep watering they will develop deep roots. Once those roots are establish growth ensuses. Depending on the varitey of Maple they plant they can reach 35 -40 feet. And where beter to have the trees than on the campus where the University Arborists can judge growth rates etc in an urban setting.

Aren't some of those pretty close to the stadium?

Its hard to tell, but I think they are about as far away as the ones shown in the virtual tours (see attached).

Attachments

• TCF_Skyline.jpg
    TCF_Skyline.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 26
  • TCF_BIG.jpg
    TCF_BIG.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 29

Maroon, to bad about the ash borer, but there is is your gold. If you want to know how those colors were chosen take a drive in the fall. In the farmland of southwestern Minnesota you have the gold From the corn and soybeans and the stands of Oaks, Ash and Maple and the summac or along the roadside If you head up north in the fall Maroon and Gold is everywhere. This is Minnesota.

Birch Trees have fantastic Gold leaves in the fall. That's a lot of what you see up north.

Top Bottom