Stadium Picture

16FeetUnder

Section 238
Reaction score
I took this picture while driving by the stadium today with my cell phone. Sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments

• 0306091609b.jpg
    0306091609b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 822

Thats awesome! poor quality?? I actually think from your car its pretty good! In a month this pic should look really cool.

In the renderings of the stadium, the M looks like our block 'M', but the one in this photo looks pretty generic to me. Maybe I'm blind, though.

It's really not a big deal, though. Still looks awesome. :)

I'm sure it is first class just like everything has been with this stadium, and not like the lettering will matter much when the seats are filled!

I'm sure it is first class just like everything has been with this stadium, and not like the lettering will matter much when the seats are filled!

You nailed it FiveStarFran - so far, everything that we have seen, read and heard about the stadium has been first class. I have been very impressed with the entire way this has all been handled, the details of the stadium, the ammenities, etc. I'm fired up!!

Thanks for the picture.

Go Gophers!!

Looks nice, but I'm not happy that it appears to be inconsistent with our block M. All the other arenas have the right configuration (Mariucci, Williams, etc).

Looks nice, but I'm not happy that it appears to be inconsistent with our block M. All the other arenas have the right configuration (Mariucci, Williams, etc).

According to the renderings there will be a block M on the lower level in the center of the seats, the top deck will say "Minnesota". Of course the M in Minnesota was a block M in the renderings too.

According to the renderings there will be a block M on the lower level in the center of the seats, the top deck will say "Minnesota". Of course the M in Minnesota was a block M in the renderings too.

Okay, I guess if it is part of spelling out MINNESOTA, I'm cool with it not being our usual block M. Would've been nice, but maybe the spacing didn't work.

Any update on this?? rendering pic attached.

I'm curious to see what final form that spelled out M takes.

I would prefer the block M too.

As it looks in this pic...

Attachments

• TCFBankWestRender.jpg
    TCFBankWestRender.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 70
  • BXIXDBGYHJCDVTG.20080516161702.jpg
    BXIXDBGYHJCDVTG.20080516161702.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 95

It will be the block M

If you look closely, the M is not finished and it does cross the stairway.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think the block M by itself means "The University of Minnesota". Using the bock M in a word seems a little redundant. When I drove by, it definitely did not look like it was going to be the block M.

Personally, I think the block M by itself means "The University of Minnesota". Using the bock M in a word seems a little redundant. When I drove by, it definitely did not look like it was going to be the block M.

Agreed. I actually always found it to be odd that the MINNESOTA on the upper deck would have the M in the block format. Either way, its going to look nice.

Agreed. I actually always found it to be odd that the MINNESOTA on the upper deck would have the M in the block format. Either way, its going to look nice.

Also agree. It looks better this way. It is going to look nice when people drive by when the stadium is empty.

I'm curious to see what final form that spelled out M takes.

I would prefer the block M too.

As it looks in this pic...

If you look at Minnesota in the plaza area of the rendering it has a regular M rather than the blocked M. Maybe they decided to be consistent and use the block when it's just the M and a regular M when spelling Minnesota. Either way I can't wait for September!

If you look at Minnesota in the plaza area of the rendering it has a regular M rather than the blocked M. Maybe they decided to be consistent and use the block when it's just the M and a regular M when spelling Minnesota. Either way I can't wait for September!

After giving it more thought, it makes a lot of sense to do it this way. Like you, I'm pumped for September.

verified

I work on campus and drove by today and took a look with my own eyes. The M does cross a staircase on the rightmost portion but it appears to be done and is not in the block M style. No big deal since the block M will be on the lower level as discussed previously.

The place is just more beautiful by the day.

Here's another pic (courtesy of MN Daily)

stadiumseats.jpg

Just click that thing... im not sure how to get a nice thumbnail in there.

Looks like they are not incorporating the block M into "Minnesota". I think this actually follows the graphic standards put forward by the university. You can see them HERE. They don't have any examples of the block M being used in that manner.

I guess I never noticed it before this conversation, but looking at all the logo gear available on the Goldies Locker Room on-line store, I can't find any that use a block M as part of a word.

Seats are darker moroon

Looks like from the pictures the maroon seats are the darker shade of maroon like the new jerseys/helmets last year. Brewster appears to like the darker shade better. To me it looks almost brown but I like it better too. I don't like Gopher gear that has the redish shade of maroon. The hockey team has used the darker shade for quite a while also.

Looks like they are not incorporating the block M into "Minnesota". I think this actually follows the graphic standards put forward by the university. You can see them HERE. They don't have any examples of the block M being used in that manner.

I guess I never noticed it before this conversation, but looking at all the logo gear available on the Goldies Locker Room on-line store, I can't find any that use a block M as part of a word.

On a similar vein to the graphic standards doc you linked to...I've always found it maddening that MN gear does not have one shade of maroon. Some maroon's are more red (my least fave), some shades are more purple, some more brown. Does anyone know if the U has tried to lock this down over time, or at least considered it? We have the same problem with gold.

Looks like from the pictures the maroon seats are the darker shade of maroon like the new jerseys/helmets last year. Brewster appears to like the darker shade better. To me it looks almost brown but I like it better too. I don't like Gopher gear that has the redish shade of maroon. The hockey team has used the darker shade for quite a while also.

Apparently we we're thinking along the same lines...

On a similar vein to the graphic standards doc you linked to...I've always found it maddening that MN gear does not have one shade of maroon. Some maroon's are more red (my least fave), some shades are more purple, some more brown. Does anyone know if the U has tried to lock this down over time, or at least considered it? We have the same problem with gold.

I think starting in the last couple years when we went to being an all Nike school there was a standardization among shades of maroon. Before that each team could sign a uni contract with any company and therefore there were lots of shades being sold.

I actually applaud the AD for standardizing alot of stuff like logos and uniforms and such recently, it really makes PR much better and gives the U an instantly recognizable image.

I think starting in the last couple years when we went to being an all Nike school there was a standardization among shades of maroon. Before that each team could sign a uni contract with any company and therefore there were lots of shades being sold.

I actually applaud the AD for standardizing alot of stuff like logos and uniforms and such recently, it really makes PR much better and gives the U an instantly recognizable image.

Its definitely gotten better but there are still examples of different shades, even if you compare Nike products. That said, my quick check online found that most of the discrepancy seems to be between the "football" gear (which is more of a brownish maroon) and the non-sport specific U gear (which is more of a purplish maroon). In any case the differences in shade for Nike is much less. I had forgotten that we were a "full" Nike school now. I'm glad because I agree with Ski U Master...this sort of small detail is really important to establishing a brand. I look forward to the day when all the old redish Maroon gear is no longer on sale anywhere!

Top Bottom