St. Thomas has a standout recruiting class, a surprise in men's college basketball

per Marcus:

St. Thomas men's basketball made its Division I debut last year with a 10-win season, but Tommies coach Johnny Tauer knew the talent that could jumpstart his program was on the way.

Tauer and his coaching staff call their current freshmen "founding fathers," since they're the first full class after the official move from Division III last year.

Minnesotans Ahjany Lee, Kendall Blue and Carter Bjerke, and Wisconsin native Andrew Rohde arrived on campus this summer as the No. 1 recruiting class in the Summit League.

"I think it has the potential to be a really special group," Tauer said. "All of them come as really decorated high school players and they're really good students and people."

Class of 2022 recruiting rankings had the Tommies just outside of the top 60 nationally, even ahead of some Big Ten schools. St. Thomas landed some players who were recruited by high-major programs.

"It's really a blessing to be able to play for the hometown school where my family can come see me," said Blue, a former East Ridge star. "I'm just really focused on being a founding father during this process they're going through. I just wanted to be a part of it."

Go Gophers!!

If there as good as advertised by the talking heads, they will transfer after 1 year to real programs.

Can’t wait for a winner in Minnesota! Meanwhile the gophers will fire BJ as soon as he becomes a B1G caliber coach, and hire a new project.

Can’t wait for a winner in Minnesota! Meanwhile the gophers will fire BJ as soon as he becomes a B1G caliber coach, and hire a new project.
So where is Ben Johnson coaching in 5 years and what is his role?

Top Bottom