Spring Injuries Suck

Yeah, Bolden is the Boilermakers best player by a long shot. He is a phenomenal talent and would have likely been the best Big Ten back this side of John Clay (it hurts to say that).

Purdue is a team that (despite being blown out by the Gophers) rapidly improved as the year went on and was playing great ball down the stretch. While I don't wish injuries on anyone, I did just upgrade that game from must win to should win in my mind.

That said, I sincerely hope Bolden comes back and dominates every Big Ten game he plays in 2011 and 2012. He's a fun guy to watch.

Yeah, Bolden is the Boilermakers best player by a long shot. He is a phenomenal talent and would have likely been the best Big Ten back this side of John Clay (it hurts to say that).

Purdue is a team that (despite being blown out by the Gophers) rapidly improved as the year went on and was playing great ball down the stretch. While I don't wish injuries on anyone, I did just upgrade that game from must win to should win in my mind.

That said, I sincerely hope Bolden comes back and dominates every Big Ten game he plays in 2011 and 2012. He's a fun guy to watch.

Injuries are the worse part of the game. Every game I watch or attend, I say a prayer for all to remain healthy. Footbal is a violent and very physical game and WE LOVE IT! Interesting.:confused:

Bolden is a good RB but he is not the best player on Purdue's roster. In fact, he would barely make the top 5. Ryan Kerrigan, Keith Smith, and Robert Marve are better players IMO.

His injury sucks because he obviously is the starting RB, but simply because they are not very deep at RB. Al-Terek McBurse is now #1 but he didn't do much more than retrun kicks last year (took 2 to the house).

Injuries are the worse part of the game. Every game I watch or attend, I say a prayer for all to remain healthy. Footbal is a violent and very physical game and WE LOVE IT! Interesting.:confused:

Admiration is sometimes born out of bravery, and the sport, being what it is, feeds us with the potential to witness it because of it's danger.

Is there a single person who watched the Cowboys in the early 90s and didn't love the hell out of Bill Bates because he was the type of guy to fly down the field and put his body on the line just to make one great hit?

It's a tough game and people love to watch it. They live vicariously through it. At least I know I do. When a player from my favorite team makes a big hit, it's like I can actually feel some adrenaline just by watching it.

But at the same time, when a player from my favorite team gets seriously injured, you feel devastated. Like seeing someone get injured and immediately knowing their career is over? It's one of the worst feelings.

Football by nature can be an emotional roller coaster and I think this country loves the sport for it because our history and politics are comparable to it's nature.

I don't even know what I'm really talking about anymore, but I love football.

Admiration is sometimes born out of bravery, and the sport, being what it is, feeds us with the potential to witness it because of it's danger.

Is there a single person who watched the Cowboys in the early 90s and didn't love the hell out of Bill Bates because he was the type of guy to fly down the field and put his body on the line just to make one great hit?

It's a tough game and people love to watch it. They live vicariously through it. At least I know I do. When a player from my favorite team makes a big hit, it's like I can actually feel some adrenaline just by watching it.

But at the same time, when a player from my favorite team gets seriously injured, you feel devastated. Like seeing someone get injured and immediately knowing their career is over? It's one of the worst feelings.

Football by nature can be an emotional roller coaster and I think this country loves the sport for it because our history and politics are comparable to it's nature.

I don't even know what I'm really talking about anymore, but I love football.

I get what you are saying. Hope Bolden fully recovers.

Top Bottom